Does your Brit dream?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Does your Brit dream?

Postby meteorologist » Sat May 20, 2006 11:42 pm

Indy is definitely a dreamer.

Indy is usually only barks when he's playing, but an hour ago I heard four of the strangest barks that don't resemble any sound he's ever made. I went to check on him, and he was sound aslelep. His little legs were trying to run after something.

He did this when we first got him, and he was dreaming about getting milk from his mom.

I was just curious what other kind of unusual dreaming/sleeping habits your Brits have?
meteorologist
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Dave » Sat May 20, 2006 11:49 pm

My dogs all dream . They woof, yip , their lips quiver and they move their legs like they are running . I suppose they are chasing birds :) . Levi scared the Bejesus out of me one night , he was barking like he does when he's on the guard . He was laying right next to me and I set straight up and there he was snoozing :roll: :P Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby DLDoiron » Sat May 20, 2006 11:52 pm

My male has dreams or nightmares. He really cries out in his sleep. He is 3 now and we got him when he was 1. We have always felt he was abused because he is very timid especially around men. He is my only dog that will not lick you.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby jasafar » Sun May 21, 2006 7:31 am

Everytime Mikey goes into a deep sleep he starts in is "REM" mode. His body starts to twitch, legs move, all kinds of facial movements, etc. The first few nights that we had him, we were really scared because we didn't know what it was. We thought he was going though some kind of seisure or something...but then we did a little reading on the Internet and found out that this is somewhat common. Now we look at it as a good thing...we know he is really sleeping and not "keeping an eye on us!" :)
Mikey & Sammie
jasafar
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Carol » Sun May 21, 2006 11:22 am

All three of mine dream a lot. Boomer one time woke himself up from woofing in his sleep, it was hilarious. :lol:
Kiss my nose, you know you want to.

Check out my blog at www.fugitivefromthedogstar.blogspot.com
Carol
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby hankaroo » Mon May 22, 2006 8:34 am

jasafar wrote:His body starts to twitch, legs move, all kinds of facial movements, etc.

This is what Hank does too. No barks, but he really gets those legs and lips movin'!

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Mark » Mon May 22, 2006 8:41 am

Monty does it all..

The quivs, curls, rwooghfz (strange woofs), running in place, whole body almost convulsing.. then nothing- still as a rock.. then more... its funny to watch.. Sometimes when he looks very uncomfortable, I'll wake him up.. dont know if it is a nightmare or what, but most of the times he is definitely on the trail of something..

(also- watch their noses.. monty's nose will start sniffing like CRAZY in his dreams).
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HOPE » Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Hope those it all too. In fact sometimes I see her eyes moving around, her eyes are half way close but you can tell she is dreaming. She will start barking, woofing moving around. It is funny to watch. :lol:
Jackie M.
I promise I will be good this year
HOPE
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Natalie » Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm

Trip does all of it - very vivid dreams that dog must have! Barks, whines, growls, runs, paws, scratches, squirms, quivers/shakes, sniffs & snorts. The cutest is when I can tell that he's eating/drinking in his sleep, his mouth just a-smackin and slurping. At least he gets to eat all he wants when he's dreaming! :D He never gets to do that when he's awake. :(
Natalie
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Natalie » Wed May 24, 2006 9:45 am

Funny that this subject came up - Trip was so funny to watch last night. He was taking a nap while i was getting ready for bed and seemd to be just zonked. I hear his feet rubbing against the floor - look over - and can tell that in his dream he's involved in a serious chase. Then his back legs draw in and stretch all the way out in pounce-mode. Next thing I know - he's chewing and swallowing - with all of the gobble-it-up-quick sounds - with his nubby tail just a waggin'. At least he gets to hunt in his dreams..... :)
Natalie
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to General