We started Obedience II last night

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

We started Obedience II last night

Postby hankaroo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Hank did amazingly well! I was shocked since it's been a month since Obedience I ended and we hadn't really been working with him as much as we should have :oops:

He remembered everything though: immediately sat, perfect downs, loose leash walking (shocker!), no jumping on me. I was very proud........that is........until the end of class when I had to go about 40 feet away from him and then call him to me. He started to run to me and then realized that the trainer wasn't holding the leash anymore. He got about 3 feet from me and then made a beeline right past me! :o The trainer told me not to move and that he had to come back to me. I kept my mouth shut but I was thinking the whole time that we only had 5 more minutes of class left and he's got about 5 more HOURS of play in him! He had a nice run around the field and made 2 laps around the other dogs that were sitting pateintly by the fence with their owners (I think he was trying to get them to do The Wave :lol: ). Took him about 2 minutes to make his way back around but he finally got close enough so I could grab the leash. Stinker!

I'm really not sure if we can pass the CGC test at the end of the 6 weeks but we'll give it a shot. :wink:

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:25 pm

What a riot!! I think he'll do just fine ...eventually!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Karen L » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:30 pm

That is funny! We had many similar experiences in Kaia's quest for the CGC. They can be little stinkers - smart little stinkers though! :wink: Hank can do it! Keep us posted on his progress!
Karen L
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby harleygrl1219 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:40 am

Hank will do it! He will make you proud :lol: :lol: :lol:
harleygrl1219
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby hankaroo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:58 am

harleygrl1219 wrote:He will make you proud

He could just lay there and look cute and I would be proud! :lol: Last night in the backyard I was throwing a stuffed animal up in the air to him and he caught it in his mouth. I know it doesn't sound that great but it was the first time he actually caught it (usually he looses it somewhere in the air or it hits him on the nose :roll: ). I was screaming like a banshee "Good Boy--good boy--Look how good you are---good boy" :roll: Daniel thought it was a little too much overkill. I told him it was a supportive mom thing. :lol:

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby swillow66 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:42 am

Hip-Hip- Hooray!

I think it is terrific that all of these Britts are getting so educated!! I think that your bond increases with them so much as you both learn to "dance" together.

I say this as it took 1/2 mile last night to "remind" my two that "sled dogs" are in Alaska (no pun intended Barb!! :wink: )
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world
swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby hankaroo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:57 am

We had our 3rd Obedience II class last night. Hank has made such an improvment that even the trainer commented! For some reason she is not one of his favorite people (I think he knows that he can't get anything past her :wink: ) and he usually steps behind me when she comes around. Well last night we had to put them in a sit and then the trainer walked around to shake our hands and then pet the dogs and brush them. Not only did he sit for her pets and brushes but he gave her a kiss when she was done! What a ham. :lol:

Last night he also did well on the "come" command unlike the first class where he barreled right past me :roll: I was about 40 feet away and called him. He took off like a shot and instead of running past me he ran right into me! :lol: Everyone in class was laughing. :lol:

He even went through the whole class without his gentle leader. I had unintentionally left it in the car. I figured I would see how he would do and then probably end up borrowing one from the trainer during the class. Well he was such a good boy that we didn't need it. I am so proud of the progress he's making. He's still a stinker but at least he behaves at class now. :D

I'm still nervous about the test--we have to work dillegently on "stay" in the next 3 weeks. But now I'm thinking maybe he has a chance of passing. If he doesn't pass that's ok too. His mom has failed a lot of tests in her day too. :lol:

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby harleygrl1219 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:08 am

Yeah for Hank! He will pass don't worry!
harleygrl1219
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Karen L » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:29 am

Sounds like he is making great progress! :D Keep us posted!
Karen L
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:38 am

Good for you guys! Wish you could take a video of the class and post it so we could see Hank in action!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby hankaroo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:49 am

Cindy wrote:Wish you could take a video of the class and post it so we could see Hank in action!

I would but then every shot would have my a** in it!!! :lol: Maybe I can convince Daniel to take pictures one night--with strict insuructions to only get my "good" side--aka only pictures of Hank. :lol: :lol:

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby swillow66 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:36 pm

I remember the day we left the harnesses at home for class. That was such a "good" day!! :lol:

You should have seen us Sunday taking 3 britts on a walk. Because of their cough, no one had been allowed to go for one in two weeks :shock: Someone walked by and commented how quiet the foster, Macey, was, while my two CGC dogs were pulling and choking on their leads. ACK! :o :shock: :?

Last night we could only go 1 block, it was crazy. I got up early to take Macey and Riley this morning. Put the harness back on again and Riley was on my side once more. Oh well, I bet it won't take long for him to remember! As the saying goes - use it or lose it!

I know that Hank can do it too!
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world
swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby hankaroo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:17 pm

HAHA--I wish I could have seen all 3 out on a walk (or rather a pull). :lol:

I'm still not sure how we are going to pass the test without using the Gentle Leader or treats! That's just down right mean if you ask me! :D

Hankadoodle
hankaroo
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby harleygrl1219 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:21 pm

Hank will be just fine..... If Synder could do it Hank can do it!
harleygrl1219
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Obedience