tips on adding a whistle (update)

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

tips on adding a whistle (update)

Postby adele » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:43 am

Ha Ha this is really funny. I'm having trouble teaching Lola to sit after one blast on the whistle. Every time she sees the whistle or the treats she sits. I don't get a chance to blow on it. I'm trying to sneak treats into my hand several minutes in advance and turning my back so she can't see the whistle but she is usually better at seeing me sneak then I am at sneaking.
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lorie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:28 am

Your too funny Lola :lol: :lol:
Lorie

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I will probably be a dog. Sigh! There's so little room for advancement."
Snoopy
Lorie
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:02 pm

:lol: :lol: The all seeing dog, no fooling them, they read us from head to toe, especially where goodies are involved :P :P :D

Might help if you try having the whistle in view all the time, in your hand or in your mouth so she picks up no cue from that. Also, no treat for sitting if you haven't blown the whistle or asked for a sit. Cassie will try that for almost all her commands trying to get me to treat her.....no treats unless I ask for the "trick".

It's not easy staying ahead of a clever dog.....in fact I'm no so sure I have ever even caught up yet :lol: :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to Obedience