Introducing Daisy Mae, CGC

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Introducing Daisy Mae, CGC

Postby rtropeano » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 am

Daisy Mae CGC!!! She did it!!!! I'm still not sure how, but...somehow she made it through.

She had some trouble with the leash walking, the Brittany sniffer went into "action" and I couldn't get her nose off the ground...BUT you are allowed to retest one item, if you pass all the others. So, when our retest came around...I walked her really fast and never gave her a chance to even think about putting her head down. It worked!

Her strongest testing areas were meeting/greeting friendly stranger, the vet exam and meeting and greeting a person with dog. She passed those with flying colors. She even passed Grooming/Appearance, imagine that w her Brittany Flag and all! (Glad Zinger was not grading that portion ROFL :lol: ).

Thanks to all of you who said a kind word, lended your support, or helped with training. It made a big difference!

Now, we take a break, and JUST HAVE FUN until spring and CAMP Gone to the Dogs in June 09. WOOHOO!!!!
Last edited by rtropeano on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 am

Congratulations!!! That's a great accomplishment! And good thinking with the walking part of the test.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Alifaire » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 am

Congratulations!!! Now that you have your CGC title, what's next?

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby adele » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 am

Yeah!!! You should be proud. :lol: :lol: You've obviously done a good job with her.

Of course that tail passed inspection. She has a great looking tail.
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 am

What's next for Daisy. Well, we are definitely going to try agility in the spring. I say try because she's still just a little crazy, esp. with running (she tends to jump up and try to nibble my clothes if she's running behind me - so we need to do a lot of work in that area.) Although let's face it, this dog isn't going to be running behind me at her speed so maybe that's not going to be an issue, because there's no way I can run faster than her :P

In June we are going to Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont (www.campgonetothedogs.com) and there she is going to try lots of stuff, like agility, Rally O, frisbee, freestyle, flyball, tracking etc. When that's done, I'll have a better idea what she likes and we'll go from there.

I'm a horrible test taker and I know that Daisy was feeling my stress, so I'm glad it's over until we eventually take the TDI (therapy dog int'l) test...

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby StaceyM » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am

Wow!! :D Congrats to you and Daisy for all the hard work you must have went through to get her to CGC! You both deserve a break!

I agree, Daisy's tail is gorgeous!! :wink:

So, what do the dogs do at Camp Gone to the Dogs :?:
*Molly*
StaceyM
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby rtropeano » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:01 am

Stacy, it's really awesome, I've heard lots of good things about it. They have just about everything you can think of - tracking, herding, flyball, agility, dock diving, trick training, freestyle, Rally-O, hunt tests.

They also have lots of seminars, and they do the CGC test as well. Some of their speakers have included:

Patricia McConnell (The other end of the leash)
Leslie Nelson (Really Reliable Recall)
Sue Sternberg (Roundout Valley Adoption Center)
Mary Thompson (Off to a good start..)

I'm looking forward to it because it's very rare that you have all of these talented speakers in one place and the opportunity to experience lots of fun things with your dog at the same time.

Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

She even passed Grooming/Appearance, imagine that w her Brittany Flag and all! (Glad Zinger was grading that portion ROFL ).

:lol: :lol: I guess anybody can pass grooming these days. :P :P What's become of the English language :?: To think the lack of dingleberries passes as grooming these days is disappointing. :twisted: :wink:

They also have lots of seminars, and they do the CGC test as well. Some of their speakers have included:

Patricia McConnell (The other end of the leash)
Leslie Nelson (Really Reliable Recall)
Sue Sternberg (Roundout Valley Adoption Center)
Mary Thompson (Off to a good start..)

I think these seminars are too advanced for us. I'm waiting for the one called "Get The Hell Back In My Zipcode." :lol: :lol:

But sincerely, congratulations to you and Daisy Mae :!:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am

CONGRATULATIONS :D :D Rose and Daisy, what a team 8) 8) I love your enthusiasm, and envy your energy :wink: What a great future you have planned for you and Daisy....thanks so much for letting us share this journey with you :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby StaceyM » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

rtropeano wrote:Stacy, it's really awesome, I've heard lots of good things about it. They have just about everything you can think of - tracking, herding, flyball, agility, dock diving, trick training, freestyle, Rally-O, hunt tests.

It does sound really cool! Is this the website - http://www.camp-gone-tothe-dogs.com? Maybe I can convince my DH we should do that for our vacation next year! :D It would be less that a 7 hour drive for us.
*Molly*
StaceyM
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby rtropeano » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks!!! Quite honestly, I didn't think she'd make it this time...some of the things she did during training were quite comical?

Every week she refused to do something- one week, no one could pet her on the head, another week refused heeling, just sat there and wouldn't move, and my favorite class was the one she spent the entire time chasing after bugs :oops:

It definitely taught me a lesson in patience for sure!

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby patti » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:53 am

Way to go Daisy and Rose! It's nice when all your hard work pays off and they make you proud!!
patti
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Obedience