We have such good puppies...

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Who needs training worse?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Your Dog(s)
13%
Us
87%

Total votes : 15

Re: We have such good puppies...

Postby AuntieMom » Fri May 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Congratulations on all your work and dedication. You and Pete have accomplished so much and it sound like Lucky is on his way to being an Einstein.

It would be fun to dance with Brittanys. Any demonstrations at our house are more on the lines of me doing hiza geri moves to protect myself ...
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Fri May 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Pete'smom wrote:... I can add something to this obedience page. The accomplishment of my Britt Pete. :D He obtained his "CGC" Canine Good Citizen in February. He is a rescue ......We also do Canine Freestyle Dancing and may be competing in beginning novice in September.

In September I lost my old Springer. I was asked to foster a little guy through ESRA October 7th. I ended up adopting him and his name is Lucky Sullivan. ........ He is going to be taking an Intermediate Einstien Class starting in June.

Lordy, Lordy, I just LOVE these stories of "rescues" finding the perfect home and going on to become STARS 8) 8) in so many ways :D It just makes the heart sing to read such positive, uplifting, and sooooooo encouraging reports. WTG Pete and Lucky.....your are in heaven here on earth :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Pete'smom » Sat May 09, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. A bit of history on Pete. He was a stray in Utah. He was thought to have traveled 30 miles from when someone first reported seeing him and when animal control found him. He was in the Vernal Utah Shelter (high kill) for 10 days. No one claimed him. He had not been neutered and had a few flea's and ticks when I got him. I don't think he had been inside a house or ever groomed except for a bath that the transporter gave him before leaving Utah because he smelled so bad. Pete was afraid to walk on hardwood floors and he only felt comfortable inside the house if the back door from the house to the yard was left open for him to go in and out. His favorite spot was under a bush for days. He loved all people from the very beginning and petfinder posted him as young, very sweet, high energy.

So now it is almost 3 years later. He loves it when I tell him he is "famous" :lol: Pete had alot of confidence building to work on to start with. He was a tramp and now a "STAR". You would never know he was the same dog!!!
Pete'smom
Pete'smom
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby janet909 » Sat May 09, 2009 8:09 am

Congrats :!: :!: :!: Will we be able to meet these pooches at the Rocky Mntn. ABR Picnic??
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Pete'smom » Sat May 09, 2009 9:07 am

Yes, we are coming!
Pete'smom
Pete'smom
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby rtropeano » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Congrats to Pistol Pete on getting his CGC.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Jessica » Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 am

We start our *2nd* :!: round of beginner obedience on Friday, it was recommended that we repeat the class...I guess that's what I get for letting the man in the relationship handle the dog, this time I will be handling him. BTW-Jason (boyfriend) needs training more than Eli (dog)! :roll:
Image Image
Eli: rescued 12/20/07........Lily: rescued 05/16/09

"If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
~Roger Caras
Jessica
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You might want to do a search on here about training husbands and other male species. I can reassure you that you are not alone - many of us have had similar "training" issues!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby DelawareBritts » Thu May 14, 2009 7:19 am

Cindy - :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

I notice the poll has Us needing training, not the puppies...I sure this includes "other male species"... :lol: :?: :?:
I sleep with Brittanys...
DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Cindy » Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 am

I notice the poll has Us needing training, not the puppies...I sure this includes "other male species"...

Perhaps another poll is needed that specifies exactly WHO needs the training - kids, friends, husband, wife, SO, etc. I could guess who might come in the top spot but then I would alienate some of my favorite people on this board!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby rtropeano » Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Cindy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: You might want to do a search on here about training husbands and other male species. I can reassure you that you are not alone - many of us have had similar "training" issues!!

Yes, do look that "husband" training up........

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Ron » Thu May 14, 2009 12:31 pm

HEY!!!!! WATCH IT YOU GUYS!!!! :roll: :P :P Ron
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Previous