We have such good puppies...

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Who needs training worse?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Your Dog(s)
13%
Us
87%

Total votes : 15

We have such good puppies...

Postby DelawareBritts » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:35 pm

or there's a conspiricy...no posts on Obedience since November 2008?. Our kids must either be really, really good or we gave up?

I know my three are naughty... :roll: but have not given up... :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sleep with Brittanys...
DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby MaggieRocks » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm pretty sure Maggie is smarter than I am, so I'm going to have to go with me needing trained!!!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: We have such good puppies...

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 pm

DelawareBritts wrote:.... but have not given up... :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I haven't exactly given up, but I would not get very high marks for effort either :wink: :lol: :lol: Cassie obeys all her commands.....eventually :roll:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Interesting results so far. I had to answer "us" but only because the option I really wanted wasn't there. I wanted to say my husband needed the most training!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Cindy wrote:...I wanted to say my husband needed the most training!

:lol: :lol: Same here, but that one I did give up on :cry: :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Cindy wrote: I wanted to say my husband needed the most training!

Oh Cindy, don't even get me started on that one. My husband is completely "banned" from using hand signals with the dog because he screws them up.

Daisy is on a training hiatis, because it was soo stressful when we were practicing for our CGC. We are going to Camp Gone to the Dogs in VT this summer (www.campgonetothedogs.com) so I'm sure she will get tons of training there...and fun!!

Meanwhile, we are working on a few stupid pet tricks like crawl. I'm also going to start working on teaching her how to take dollar bills from people so we can work the crowd during my shelters Grand Opening in the fall...I've already been in contact with Kyra Sundance from the 101 Pet tricks book and she's given me some tips...so wish us luck.. :lol:

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol: I'll be odd man out and say it's my dogs. I simply haven't spent as much time training lately as I should be...especially with the fosters. So, yeah, my dogs need it. My guys have pretty rock solid obedience, except for Britty's recall...my fosters, on the other hand, yikes!

Now, I'm working on refining cues, trying to eliminate confusing cues, and trying to determine which behaviors have multiple cues and getting those down to just one consistant cue.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:53 pm

I'll be odd man out and say it's my dogs. I simply haven't spent as much time training lately as I should be...especially with the fosters. So, yeah, my dogs need it. My guys have pretty rock solid obedience, except for Britty's recall...my fosters, on the other hand, yikes!

Don't be so hard on yourself. I doubt any of us would say our dogs are VERY well behaved. It's just that the owners are in need of more training!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm too busy training other people dogs or my current fosters :roll: Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Obedience?

Postby Liz H » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am

I have to chime in here...just let me brag a little....
one word from me, and Max and Tyler do what they like! :twisted:
Liz,Max CD,RN APDT RL1 CL, RL2, CGC;Tyler CD, CGC; and at the Rainbow Bridge - Connie RCP (Retired Couch Potato)
Liz H
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Obedience?

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 pm

My Brittanys listen to me really well when I have a treat in my hand. :twisted:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Annie'sRebecca » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Annie is pretty good about all her commands, but Rowdy is not. Rowdy is naturally well behaved, so I admit I haven't tried really hard with him, but when I do ask him to do something, he mostly ignores me, unless I have food. I really did think he was deaf for a little while when we first got him. Then I realized he has selective hearing, and only hears 'supper,' 'treat,' 'cookie,' 'bird,' and any siren within 3 miles. :roll:
Annie & Rowdy
Annie'sRebecca
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby DLDoiron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:24 pm

My granddaughter swore Dazy Dew was deaf because she has selective hearing. One day she was out in the yard and I said treat is just above a whisper and she came running. At least my granddaugter knows she's not deaf.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:58 pm

My granddaughter swore Dazy Dew was deaf because she has selective hearing. One day she was out in the yard and I said treat is just above a whisper and she came running. At least my granddaugter knows she's not deaf.
_
:lol: :lol: :P
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: We have such good puppies...

Postby Pete'smom » Fri May 08, 2009 4:03 pm

I don't post much but lurk around alot! :lol: I can add something to this obedience page. The accomplishment of my Britt Pete. :D He obtained his "CGC" Canine Good Citizen in February. He is a rescue and I thought it would be nice to get ILP papers for him as well since he does have this basic title. So now his AKC name is Pistol Pete. AKC typed him as a liver and white spotted Brittany. At some point we might try for our CD title. People are encourgaging us in this direction. We also do Canine Freestyle Dancing and may be competing in beginning novice in September. Pete has all the dance moves but his mom needs to pump up her choreography to make it look good. :lol: Pete and I have also done agility but we are not trial material. Pistol Pete prefers the dance floor. :lol: We also did Rally this past fall. Pete is a busy boy!

In September I lost my old Springer. I was asked to foster a little guy through ESRA October 7th. I ended up adopting him and his name is Lucky Sullivan. We have been busy with class's as well. Lucky did the Boulder Humane Society Holdiay Manners class, beginning obedience, beginning agility and advanced beginning and takes a outdoor manners class on Sunday's. He is going to be taking an Intermediate Einstien Class starting in June.

So those are the lists of accomplishments for my boys.

Judy, Pete and Lucky Sullivan
Pete'smom
Pete'smom
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Next

Return to Obedience