Stroller, baby and two brits success

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Stroller, baby and two brits success

Postby Annabelle » Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 pm

I have to post as I am so thrilled with my brits Jack and Ruby and how they did on our walk today.
We added a non-fur baby (ie human baby) to our home last fall and since we have had nice weather for the last month I have been working on walking both Jack and Ruby with baby Arthur in the stroller. I didn't know if this was possible as then usually walk on flexi's and tend to run all over. I decided to use 6 foot leashes. I tried holding one leash in each hand, but they were too used to being on flexi's so I was getting pulled all over For the last four weeks I have had the the younger Brit Jack on the leash around my waist and Ruby the senior on the leash on my hand, and have been walking for 30 minutes daily. They did so great today I felt like I could have been in an obedience class! I still got pulled a few times when some of the smell were too tempting but overall it we felt fantastic. I must say the stroller drink tray is perfect for holding dog treats and the dogs know they are there.

I wasn't too sure how the fur friends would fair with the arrival of the baby, but with being on mat leave for a year and having things settling in they are loving the walking time.

Now that Arthur is crawling he is making a bee line (supervised of course) for the dogs. We help the dogs get out of the way. Today was the cutest - as Arthur crawled towards Jack, Jack stared at him and wagged his tail as fast as he could then jumped into play position. As Arthur couldn't really play yet, Jack got his toys and we played fetch. So nice to have a few moments like this to know the dogs are seeing the fun of having a child in the house :D
Annabelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Stroller, baby and two brits success

Postby rtropeano » Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 am

Good job, glad things are working out with Arthur. Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Sat May 29, 2010 5:52 am

Congratulations on so many things!!! I love the mental image of Jack trying to play with Arthur. I'm sure it won't be long before that becomes a reality.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sat May 29, 2010 12:02 pm

What a happy post :D Sounds like everybody is having a great time, even Mom :P :D Keep us in the loop as Arthur gets more able to romp with the dogs :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to Obedience