Rally NQ

Please discuss Obedience Training for Competition here.....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Rally NQ

Postby Alifaire » Fri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Went to a Rally competition today - hoping to get our 2nd Rally Excellent leg. Didn't know the ring would have an open garage door next to the ring. We got as far as the 2nd sign before the 'call of the wild' had Victor's attention. By sign #4 Victor couldn't control himself and took off across the ring toward the open door. I said 'Whoa' [hoping for at least some response]... the judge shouted 'Watch the Gate!' and I knew it was over. :shock:

I did get my hands on Victor and we got out of the ring - together at least! :roll:

We're going back tomorrow - not because I think it will be better but because we need actual experience at trials and in different settings. More training needed...

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: Rally NQ

Postby Cindy » Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm

All's well that ends well - Victor didn't escape!! :) :) I admire your perseverance but also appreciate the fact that dogs will be dogs. Good luck tomorrow.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Fri May 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Rooting for a good run tomorrow....go get 'em Victor :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby janet909 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 am

It's really not fair. Having to concentrate AND perform with such a temptation next door. "What's in the garage to sniff??? Could there be a mouse in there ??? How much trouble can I find as quickly as possible ????" The Brittany brain....... Can't blame him for trying. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with your next attempt !!!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Sat May 26, 2012 12:18 pm

So proud to post that we got our 2nd Rally Excellent Q today! :D :D And just to prove what a Brit can do - we q'd with ALL of the doors at the END of the ring open and the exit opening went right into the parking lot! And even tho there were birds flying around that garage door opening - Victor stayed with me enough to qualify. It was so difficult for Victor to stay with me, he whined and would sit with every command no matter what it was - as if to say "I know you said something so I'll sit but, but, but there's birds out there!"

I'm enrolling in a Rally class that practices outdoors in a fenced area, so we will have lots of practice before the next Rally competition!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sat May 26, 2012 1:13 pm

And proud you should be 8) And sooooo proud of Victor.....what a great boy he is 8) 8) He just knew he had to do good for Mom today even with all the enticements beckoning.....onward and upward !!! Congratulations :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Sat May 26, 2012 1:23 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for both of you! Great job.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby rtropeano » Tue May 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Victor is amazing. Kudos to both of you - what a TEAM!

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Obedience