RE: Brittany Express: Operational?

All aboard the Brittany Express! Please place your transport schedule requests in this forum.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

RE: Brittany Express: Operational?

Postby Tyrone_MN » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:00 am

Have a question: Was wondering if ABR Brittany Express is still operating at all :?: We've only perform one run.

For S____ and Jiggles last night was on PetFinder and came across Buck 7 year old (59lbs) and being fostered in the Chicago area, took a chance and contacted the NBRAN contact at the bottom of Buck's page. In the correspondence I asked that we are not yet really ready for an additional family member, but maybe come Spring. The NBRAN contact offered up a chance meeting to see Buck with a visit in all! (Thought WOW, now that's nice!) But, I know Chicago is a good 8-10hrs drive across IL, WI and into MN. (Have family that lives in Rockford, IL, this side of Chicago 90+ minutes)

-Steve
Ty - May '95 - Sept '09 Brett - Dec '09
Tyrone_MN
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: RE: Brittany Express: Operational?

Postby Kerplunk105 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:14 am

NBRAN also does there own transportations. I actually just applied to them for adoption as well as ABR.
Elizabeth
Leena, Brittany/GSP mix 11/11/08-9/17/09
Bliss, Labrador 1/18/00-12/30/13
Tegan, Weim/Labrador mix
Kerplunk105
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Brittany Express is alive and well :D Requests for transport or volunteering to transport should be co-ordinated through your local ABR State Coordinator :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Tyrone_MN » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Does one need to re-up the "volunteer to transport" application? Angela & myself did volunteer back in the beginning of 2006. And later in the month of August that year, we did the run for the Senior Gentle Ben. Every since gasoline reached the 4 dollar mark, have not had nor seen any emails out of the ABR for transport request. Maybe in South Central MN 65 miles North of I-90, there's no calls for transport. But, I don't know..

{Just noting we mostly likely, 95%, driving down to North Phoenix, AZ for the Xmas Holiday and then back again}

Thanks,
-Steve
Tyrone_MN
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 pm

A phone call or email to your State Coordinator, just to remind them that you are "available", would get you back in the loop for sure :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Jessica » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:50 am

Usually transport requests come thru the ABR Volunteers google group, I just did a leg of one this weekend, 2 dogs, 1 Kansas to Michigan, 1 Missouri to Iowa! If you are already a volunteer you could just ask Rhonda (?) to put you on the ABR Vols list so you'll get all the emails.
Image Image
Eli: rescued 12/20/07........Lily: rescued 05/16/09

"If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
~Roger Caras
Jessica
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby StFrost » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I am currently on the list and get the weekly email about transports to where and when. Unfortunately, for me, most seem to be on the east coast or central states of which I can not do. On the other hand, NBR seems to have a lot on the west coast (3 I have participated on in the past 2 months) that seem to garner a lot of response. I guess it is where you live! :D As I can not really foster right now, it is nice to be able to do something. And heck , as long as you are helping a brittany, who cares right?
StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Tyrone_MN » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Done. Email shot off to State Coordinator, asking if ABR still had our info to volunteering for transport runs...

Thanks,
-Steve
Tyrone_MN
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby Tyrone_MN » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:56 pm

WOW!, Terry is fast, and replied already this evening....

-Steve
Tyrone_MN
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Return to ABR Transport Requests