Weirdo Pippa

Discussion of behavior issues, training and solutions here....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Weirdo Pippa

Postby Cindy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:51 pm

We are on vacation in Portugal for 2 weeks and John's sister Nancy is staying at our house with the animals. Pippa knows her very well and really likes her but .... Our little couch potato apparently now wants to spend all her time outside!! The only time she comes in is when it rains or to eat and go to sleep on our bed. I told my sister in law to bribe her to get her up on the sofa to snuggle but no luck so far. Is she just being weird? This is not the first time we've left her with Nancy.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Weirdo Pippa

Postby Barb Wright » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Aaaah…...I bet she is just waiting and watching for you two to drive in the driveway.....wants to be the one to announce "Mom and Dad are HOME" !!! Relax and enjoy your wonderful-sounding trip, Pippa will settle down no doubt :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby gagesbarb » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:42 am

I agree with Barb...as long as she is eating, she's OK...interesting she is choosing to sleep on your bed :D You will, of course, owe her a LOT of extra attention when you get back...Portugal sounds wonderful...look forward to hearing about it when you get back...
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for reassuring me ... I do miss my kids.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am

looking forward to hearing about the enthusiastic greeting you are sure to get when you return :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Fri May 03, 2019 10:34 am

Just had a text and picture from my sister in law who is petsitting for us. Pippa is snuggled on the sofa with her 15 year old cousin and rescue Britt Abby. FINALLY!! It's been almost 2 weeks since we left and she's coming around. I can't imagine how her nose will be out of joint when we return on Wednesday.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm

saw you comment on puppies on Bernie's mom's puppies...
update on Pippa? I assume she forgave you for leaving? :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Sun May 19, 2019 5:43 am

:lol: :lol: YES!! Layla and Pippa were waiting in the yard when we got home and happy to see us but not particularly crazy. I always feel that's a good sign that they were sufficiently spoiled in our absence. My sister-in-law did say that Pippa never got over watching for us when she was outside and spent a good deal of time in the garage on the dog bed. Keep in mind that Pippa ONLY use the garage as a exit and refuses to come back in the house that way!! At any rate, it does make me wonder how long Pippa would act like this if we never came back. I would have thought 2 weeks was enough time to move on but I guess not.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am

Sweet Pippa...having always adopted adults dogs, I am amazed at how well they adapt...sometimes I wonder if they think about their other lives...but once they settle in, they seem happy and certainly bonded to us...but I believe while Pippa was not unhappy with your sister-in-law, she knew you were coming back...don't know how, but these dogs are so sensitive!! She was just waiting :D :D :D
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Behavior