dogs and arthritis

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Postby youjach » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 am

no rawhides in our house- they seem to cause total panic and some aggreession with both of them. If you walk by either one of them they will growl and show teeth so they are banned LOL-- they really only chew on those big smoked bones and snacks.

I will try pumpkin- but real one around my area now are hard to find-- can I use the canned one? Libby's has one that has nothing else in it?

as for food we have been feeding them Nutro lamb and rice and switched in Oct. to Royal Canin-
youjach
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby Liz H » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:43 am

Yes - use the Libby's canned plain pumpkin. Hint - scoop out tablespoons of it, put on plastic wrap and freeze. Then just pop one off each time you need some pumpkin. That way, no waste at all.
Liz,Max CD,RN APDT RL1 CL, RL2, CGC;Tyler CD, CGC; and at the Rainbow Bridge - Connie RCP (Retired Couch Potato)
Liz H
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Karen_P » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:21 am

I can relate to the aggression part. Precious, the foster, is fine with people and her rawhides but is quite protective around the other dogs. I have to crate her on the rare occasion I give out chewies.

I'm going to start with the pumpkin again also. Zach loves it and I'm hoping it's the missing peice in his weight loss puzzle.
Home of DC Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory
http://www.woodlandbrittanys.com
Karen_P
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: dogs and arthritis

Postby jannon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:18 am

Unfortunately, arthritis is one of those things that will affect many pups at some point in their lives. Just like in humans, arthritis can happen as you age, or because of genetics, of because of other things as well. Plenty of exercise young can definitely help ward off the condition. We've had few pups with arthritis and have found that if we exercise them and give them the proper medicine it really helps.

Good luck!
james
jannon
Puppy

Previous

Return to Health/Medical