Denamarin

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Denamarin

Postby Bama Britt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 am

Miss Ginger, 13. 5 yrs young, just got put on Denamarin for bad liver numbers...we presume it's from long term Tramadol and Carprofen use. At my vet, it is costing me around $80 for a 30 day supply. I'm just reaching out to see if anyone has sourced this medicine from a reputable source that is a little more reasonable in cost. I'm going to buy the medicine of course, just looking at options to help the wallet.

I questioned the vets office about 1800-PetMeds, but they don't recommend using them because they have had clients that have received meds that weren't what they thought they were ordering.

Any help you guys can provide is appreciated.

Jenny

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end."
- Max Eastman
Bama Britt
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Re: Denamarin

Postby Cindy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 pm

I've never checked into the Canadian pharmacies for pet meds but a friend of mine has ordered them for her horse that way. I get my migraine meds from Canada ($82 vs $1200!!!). The sad thing is that when I asked where the drug was coming from they checked and said "the US!" This site allows you to check various approved pharmacies: http://www.pharmacychecker.com/

Just a thought ... If you don't find the medicine you might want to google veterinary medicine through canada or something like that. I'm not familiar with that particular drug but I'm assuming it's generic which would save you money too?? One more thought - have you checked with Costco? I used to get Jill's epilepsy meds from them and they were significantly less expensive. You don't have to be a member either and they mail them to your house.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Bama Britt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:42 am

Cindy - thanks for your info. I will check those avenues out.

I had already looked into Costco and they don't carry it. I did not check to see if they could get it though.

I actually got great news from the vet. Ginger's ALT number dropped way back down into the normal range so the vet recommended stopping the Denamarin for 3 months, then recheck bloodwork in January. :D

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end."
- Max Eastman
Bama Britt
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Postby Cindy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 am

Well that's much better news than finding the denamarin for cheap :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby britlover » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Jenny, give miss Ginger a kiss on the nose from me, Piper and Bryce. And Gordie to0. So glad she is doing better!
Sue
britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Frisco » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:35 pm

One of my Britts was on Denamarin for almost 3 years.Costco was able to order it for around $50. It was available on Amazon also and the price varied. Good luck!
Frisco
Puppy

Postby Bama Britt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:55 am

Cindy - yes, much better news than finding it cheaper. We still may have to go back to it if her numbers go up, but for now, we are happy.

Sue - Ginger got a hug and a kiss from the you and the boys. :wink:

Frisco - thanks for the info on Costco. I just checked what they carry, not whether or not they could get it. I'll keep this is mind if she has to go back on it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

- Max Eastman
Bama Britt
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Return to Health/Medical