Brittanies LOVE Juicy fruit...

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Brittanies LOVE Juicy fruit...

Postby binkus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I bought 4 packs of gum to put in the kids backpacks for our trip. I had them in a store bag on my desk with several other boxes of snack items. Left the house for a while. When I came home the bag was still on the desk...everything was untouched except for the pack of juicy fruit. Remnants of the cardboard wrapper were strewn on the floor, but the enite pack of gum and silver wrappers had been injested. I didnt know if one or both had done the crime so I gave both of them some hydrogen Peroxide. Better to get it up now then have a Christmas eve vet visit if it got stuck later on. Angel promptly threw up. It smelled like Juicy fruit gum but there was no sign of gum or wrappers just kibble. Bailey never did vomit. I don't want to give another dose of HP b/c it is so close to bedtime. They are both acting fine and even want to get at the dogfood in the garage. Do you think gum will just go throught their system?
Bailey and Angel
binkus
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: Brittanies LOVE Juicy fruit...

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:27 pm

:lol: Shouldn't laugh, but my, such selective "stealing" :lol: I really think that the gum is no problem, and the wrappers are small enough that they will just pass on through. If you use a flashlight at night you should be able to find "reflective" poop :P :lol:

Seriously, most paper products, even those with a fine layer of foil, usually pass on through. If they don't throw it up then it has already most likely left the stomach and you just have to wait and watch. 24 hours max should see the foil make it through....keep an eye out so that you are sure it passed. Heck, there are worse ways to spend Xmas eve :P
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby binkus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:17 am

:lol: reflective poo :lol:
Bailey and Angel
binkus
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 am

You really have to wonder about the so called "taste" in these dogs!! Sounds like all's well that ends well. :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby holisticmom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Forgive me for telling this story again, but it's worth repeating: our neighbors' mixed breed ate several of the little Fischer-Price people. In the name of good taste, let's just say nature took its course. Everything came out fine in the end. It will for you, too. 8)
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland
holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Health/Medical