Should I worry about moles on his crotch-al area?

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Should I worry about moles on his crotch-al area?

Postby hoppsmom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 pm

So I was grooming my dog, and I've always noticed his moles around his crotch area. I never thought much of it, but was wondering if I should? Whenever I've taken him to the vet for other things, they never brought it up, but I'm wondering if I should bring it up? They haven't changed at all in size, shape, color, quantity, etc. But they are just there, little half-pea size brown moles that are slightly raised. Do young (Hopps is 2) dogs get these often; are they common?
hoppsmom
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Re: Should I worry about moles on his crotch-al area?

Postby Lisa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 pm

First, a question - are you sure what you're seeing are not just his nipples? Boy dogs have them too! Are they on both sides, kinda evenly spaced?

If what you're seeing aren't his nipples, then just ask your vet. I've asked my vet some crazy questions before...one of my fosters has a very prominent cranial bump, and I asked my vet if I should be concerned. She laughed and just said the only concern would be that the dog has a pointy head and it'll hurt if she bumps me with it :)
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Should I worry about moles on his crotch-al area?

Postby hoppsmom » Mon May 20, 2013 6:10 pm

thanks guys. Lisa, I didn't know male dogs had nipples, lol but it makes sense! I'm almost positive that is what they are, because they are evenly spaced, on both sides, just like you said. I guess having labs before, their fur always covered up their nipples!
hoppsmom
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Return to Health/Medical