how are Kody and Teddy?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

how are Kody and Teddy?

Postby gagesbarb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 am

Hi Ron...saw your post...made me think about Kody and wonder how things are going? Also thinking of Teddy...I guess he is not really a puppy anymore, though he'll always be your baby...I've lost track of how old he is...I need cute baby stories :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: how are Kody and Teddy?

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Kody, is a manners class ,right know, and he is doing great in the class. When he is home ,he is sometimes a little pistol, counter surfing ,and normal brittany things. Kody is growing up to fast for me. when we go to the vet to get Chance's meds ,we are going to have to get his weight, and height ,in February,to see if I can to show him.Also he is 6
months old on the 22 of Jan.
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Teddy turned two in December. He is 95% angel and 5% naughty. He was easy to potty train and behaves in the house. He can be a real stinker with CharLee. You may recall, she is blind and we adopted her when she was 3 months old. She is nine now. They play but he sometimes gets more rambunctious than I like. He especially likes to put her collar in his teeth and "guide" her around the back yard. He has been scolded for that several times and remembers for a while. She likes to show him who is boss by laying in his favorite dog bed behind Dad's easy chair. :P He also lets her eat his dog food. :!: I told him to have some pride and now we supervise dinner. My husband could not be happier with Teddy's hunting skills. He really is mostly Daddy's boy but he seeks me out, usually about 4pm, to give me a kiss and remind me that dinner is at 5.

I will be honest, things are really quiet since Trapper died. He was constantly with me and rarely took naps. Teddy and CharLee think nothing of curling up on the couch or bed and taking a long snooze.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:49 pm

sounds like both Kody and Teddy are doing great! so nice to hear...also sounds like Char Lee has found some ways to put Teddy in his place :lol: I know what you mean, AuntieMom, when you describe how different it is with Trapper gone...Gage was my shadow...followed me everywhere...JJ is certainly very affectionate and likes to be with me, but I go to the bathroom, go upstairs or into a different room, or even come into the house from being gone, and there is not a dog instantly by my side...bittersweet...
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:08 pm

gagesbarb wrote:Gage was my shadow...followed me everywhere...JJ is certainly very affectionate and likes to be with me, but I go to the bathroom, go upstairs or into a different room, or even come into the house from being gone, and there is not a dog instantly by my side...bittersweet...
It feels like something is missing, doesn't it? I miss Trapper Man, even if he was the biggest challenge ever. :D
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Kody, will be 9 months old on the 22ond. Kody is now 40 lbs, a puppy in a adult body, Boy , time has flew by. He is becoming a great boy,and a cuddle bug ,he as his little bad spells,but his love he gives to all of us ,over rides the bad. :D :D
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby gagesbarb » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 am

Happy 9 month birthday tomorrow!!
In our classes. we always remind people that until they are 2-3 years, dogs are "teen-agers" :lol: Full of energy, full of love, wonderful and overloading at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love to hear stories and see pictures!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Teddy went to the vet today. He weighs 41.8 pounds. That boy is all muscle! Here is a picture taken around Christmas. https://imgur.com/KuchO2d
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Fri May 03, 2019 9:14 am

LOVE his coloring...I know dogs are not supposed to like hugs (ours have learned to like them :D ), but that boy looks very hug-able :lol: :lol: :lol: and if he's like ours, the intensity of his look says "OK, you can hug me, but don't block my view of this critter I'm watching!" :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 am

gagesbarb wrote: and if he's like ours, the intensity of his look says "OK, you can hug me, but don't block my view of this critter I'm watching!" :lol:
That is exactly right, you don't want to block his view. He is so focused and is watching out either the front or back windows if he is not outside except at night. Then he may join my husband in his office or come down to watch TV with me. I love to hug him but let him initiate it although he gets kissed a lot without permission. :D He initiates hugs when I am sitting in the easy chair by standing on me and staring. :P
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri May 03, 2019 10:32 am

Such a good looking boy. Love the roan on his nose.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gauripuri » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 am

Goodi nformation.
gauripuri
Puppy

Return to General