Meet Sweetie Peetie !!!!!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Meet Sweetie Peetie !!!!!

Postby janet909 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm

So, we were down to just 1 Brittany :shock: :shock: and apparently, there wasn't enough Brittany energy in the house to sustain us. :roll: :roll: Wes is pretty mellow and Beamer just filled the room. We really missed that. So, we started looking at the ABR website, which can be dangerous. I also do a lot of Petfinder volunteer work for ABR by putting the dogs on the ABR website onto Petfinder for 11 of our states. Anyway, one day, I came across PD (who is now Peetie) from Texas. She is 6 years, 8 months old and was trained to hunt by her former owner. It sounds like she lived in an outdoor kennel and then, when the owner passed away, the owner's wife had no need for PD and her brother Willis. She was sending them to the pound when someone intervened and got ABR involved. They went to separate foster homes in Texas where Peetie learned to enjoy the comforts of the home and learning some tricks like getting potty trained and basic commands like sit and stay. She sounded wonderful and after talking at length with the foster dad, we decided to adopt her. She had a LONG trip from the Dallas area to western Colorado over the weekend and is slowly settling in. She is happy and seems to listen. Some separation anxiety but she hasn't settled in yet. I'm hoping that that anxiety dissipates once she gets used to being here. She has learned the easy dog door through the screen (though that is only accessible when it is cool out (morning and evening). She hasn't learned the main dog door which has an arctic entry so it's a bit tricky. We have started working on recall and she does very well. This morning we took her out to the desert and let her run with a 30 ft. lead on. She stuck close to my husband and didn't try to run away (the lead will get snagged on the brush so she can't get too far if she does bolt). We are very smitten with her and Wes is getting used to having a younger dog around. She is our first girl Brittany and our first with a tail. We are very excited. On another happy note, her brother Willis also got adopted so they have both found homes !!! Happy ending !!!

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Meet Sweetie Peetie !!!!!

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Congrats. Beautiful girl...lucky too. She'll figure that out soon enough.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby gagesbarb » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Oh joy!!! Congratulations to everyone!!!
She is beautiful...
A lucky girl to have landed in your house!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Ron » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Congratulations to you, she is beautiful . :D :D :D
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 am

I'm so happy for you guys. Hmm - the tail - let me know how that works out for you. Whenever friends visit with their dogs who have tails, my coffee table is immediately swept clean and at least one wine glass gets dumped at some point :lol: :lol: She is beautiful though.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Cindy wrote:Hmm - the tail - let me know how that works out for you. Whenever friends visit with their dogs who have tails, my coffee table is immediately swept clean and at least one wine glass gets dumped at some point :lol: :lol: She is beautiful though.

Oh I know !!!! My husband was NOT sold on having a dog with a tail but I convinced him that it would all be ok. HAHA.....we freak when our friends come and they have dogs with tails. We have indeed become sloppy with our glasses of red wine on the coffee table.

One more (I'm sure of many) pics. She is getting used to being here, wouldn't you say ????

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

She clearly recognizes a good deal when she finds one :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm

:D Looks like a win-win to me.....lucky pup, lucky people :D :D The head-on pic gave me a pang, looks just like my Cassie in her younger days before she got gray around the eyes. Peetie is lovely, looking forward to hearing how she settles in :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Peetie IS a sweetie. I think it is great that after all this time you have a girl with a tail. She is so pretty and so very lucky to be part of your pack. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General