ABR 2018 Calendar

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

ABR 2018 Calendar

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:42 pm

First off, how is it even possible that we are so close to a new year :?: :!:

Wanted to let you know that my girl CharLee made the ABR calendar. She is Miss November. For those of you not familiar with her story, she was left anonymously in a drop box at a local shelter. She was approximately 3 months old and was born blind. We were ABR volunteers and knew the shelter people. They called us and asked if ABR could take her. We were just supposed to pull her from the shelter and then send her on a transport to her foster home. The very first day, I put her in the bathroom with a baby gate across the doorway. I went to kitchen to start making dinner and heard a big clatter. She had climbed over the baby gate and was coming to find me. She was socialized and so cuddly. She is amazing and it is hard to believe she is blind. I love her can-do attitude. I fell in love and my husband did too. She has a bright happy disposition. Here we are going on eight years and we are still smitten!

One of my former foster dogs will be Mr. April. That was the most dramatic foster dog ever. He was a love but had a few issues and was fostered by several of us because he was a long-term foster. He was being fostered by another volunteer and got away. We searched for him for weeks. I was the one who found him near death by the side of the road and begged him to live. I promised him he would have a great life. A guy driving by helped me get him to a regular vet. That vet told me his eyes were fixing (I think that is what she said, it is such a blur) and said she probably could not help him. I told her he was not even a year old and please try. She agreed to take X-rays and discovered nothing was broken so she called ahead to the emergency vet. I then called the foster dad and together we got him to the animal hospital. The little guy had been on the run for about two or three weeks, I can't remember, so he was so weak. I took his picture at the animal hospital not knowing if he would even make it through the night. Well, he made it and went back to his other foster home. Someone from Colorado adopted him so my husband and I took him there. He got the best adopter - she is a dog walker and that is so perfect because he loves other dogs. She has worked wonders with him the last three years. Bittersweet memory. We stayed with Kat and her husband while we were there, she was such a dear friend. I miss her so much and know all of us who loved her do.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: ABR 2018 Calendar

Postby gagesbarb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Reading your story first made me smile and then cry and then smile again--for CharLee, your foster and Kat, whom I didn't know, but felt like I did from reading her posts here...and this right after I read about Jiggs...being connected to these remarkable dogs and the wonderful people who care for them is a roller coaster of emotion :shock:

Thanks to all the wonderful people who are helping our dogs in so many different ways! To paraphrase Mr. Rogers--When you get overwhelmed by all the problems in the world, think of all the "helpers" who jump in to those situations and do good :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 am

Just got my calendar the other day and the pictures are great, as usual. I am happy to say that I do NOT have one picture of my dogs in it this year!! I feel like I've been a bit of a camera hog over the last few years, probably because I take a zillion pictures!! Anyway, love the calendar and really loved hearing the stories from AuntieMom. I'm not sure a remember hearing about Mr. April before. WOW - quite a story.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

I just got my calendar , and to say it is very nice,got a calendar from another rescue , and it was very cheep looking :roll: :roll: . Auntie Mom , love Miss November . :D :D
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Ron wrote:I just got my calendar , and to say it is very nice,got a calendar from another rescue , and it was very cheep looking :roll: :roll: . Auntie Mom , love Miss November . :D :D

Thank you, Ron. We love that girl so much. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General