Kallie has crossed the bridge

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Kallie has crossed the bridge

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Today just did not go as I thought it would. Kallie had been lethargic for about six days and was not eating. I took her to the vet today thinking they would say she had a minor stroke, give her a steroid shot and send us on our way. The ultrasound revealed a tumor on her spleen the size of a grapefruit and it was pressing her internal organs. The vet told me she should be put to sleep immediately, before the tumor burst. She was in pain too and had hid it so well from us. He gave her a shot to make her comfortable while we waited for my husband to get off work and come to the vet's office. So glad he was able to come and say goodbye too.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Kallie has crossed the bridge

Postby Cindy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 am

I am really so sorry to hear about Kallie and to lose a dog so unexpectedly is really difficult. I'm glad you and your husband could be there in the end for her - she knew she was loved. :cry: :cry:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm

oh no...I am sooo sorry...I always say this--even when you know that letting them go is the best and kindest thing for them, it does not ease the pain...but it is the ultimate act of love to be able to think of them and not ourselves...and seems like you just lost Trapper...we are losing too many these days :cry: :cry: :cry:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Oh so sorry to hear about Kallie, losing her so suddenly and so soon after you lost Trapper. We know there are days like that, but please, not so close together. Deep heartfelt thoughts for you and the rest of the family.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to General