Good travel crate for brittany?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Good travel crate for brittany?

Postby dougan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello,

My brittany is a puppy but I'm pretty sure he is going to be pretty large for a brittany. I am expecting around 45 lb based on his current size and his line.

I have a wire crate but I'm also looking for a plastic travel crate to fit in my SUV. All the travel crates I can find seem to be sized like 15-35lb and the next size is 35-70lb, so I would be stuck with a plastic crate that could fit a malamute and fill up my whole car!

Has anyone here found a plastic travel crate that's appropriately sized for brittanies?
dougan
Puppy

Re: Good travel crate for brittany?

Postby AuntieMom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:05 pm

We use regular plastic crates when traveling. I use the size recommended by ABR in the new adopter packet - Brittanys usually use a #300, or Intermediate, size crate (about 23" high.)

Sounds like your Brittany has some fun times in his future. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 pm

In the car, my boy uses a 30" plastic crate. Yeah, it's a little short for him, he can't stretch out, but it fits best in the car and he has room in there.

If you want a really solid, safe crate, and are willing to shell out the bucks for it, I highly recommend the Ruff Tough Kennels in the Intermediate size.

More economical - look for a Midwest or Petmate kennel that's either 30" or 36" deep.

Ignore the weight specifications on the kennels. You want to look at the length, height, and width. You want the dog to have enough room to stand up, turn around, and lay down. They don't need more room than that.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Isaguerra » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:31 am

dougan wrote:Hello,

My brittany is a puppy but I'm pretty sure he is going to be pretty large for a brittany. I am expecting around 45 lb based on his current size and his line.

I have a wire crate but I'm also looking for a plastic travel crate to fit in my SUV. All the travel crates I can find seem to be sized like 15-35lb and the next size is 35-70lb, so I would be stuck with a plastic crate that could fit a malamute and fill up my whole car!

Has anyone here found a plastic travel crate that's appropriately sized for brittanies?

Newbie here!

Also have a puppy and travel a lot, so this information will be very useful for our me and Ice :)
Going to start looking for the a travel crate within the dimensions you advice.
Thank you so much
Isaguerra
Puppy

Return to General