speaking of eating things they shouldn't

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

speaking of eating things they shouldn't

Postby gagesbarb » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:53 pm

we were out last night and JJ found my husband's reading glasses in his briefcase, fished them out and ate the leather case :shock:
sort of rawhide to him?? at least he didn't chew up the glasses...not that I care about the glasses...and the case was fairly small...
He seems fine...I'll watch extra closely over the next couple of days...sigh...
maybe he would eat fermented sauerkraut?? (a reference to Barb made about probiotics in the health section in response to my latest question)
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: speaking of eating things they shouldn't

Postby Acole » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 pm

So tonight we were overdue a bit for our evening walk...and Sammy comes running out of the bedroom with a decorator in pillow in his mouth...he just had his mouth on it when I caught him...before he tore it to pieces...my husband said he was throwing a tantrum because he wanted his walk...I'm pretty sure he was right...lol
Acole
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby gagesbarb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 am

when Sam was still with us, I didn't have any decorator pillows...he was convinced they were toys to be de-stuffed...
after I finally concluded that, I gave up...but he was worth it :D
Sammy is really just concerned about your health...you know how important exercise is for you and he wants to make sure you walk regularly :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Acole » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Haha...so true...I really would not care if he tore it up...he is so worth it..I thought I was kinda cute! And anyway...its just a $5 decorator pillow any way...now my down bed pillows may be another story...well not really..we are due for new ones anyway...lol
Acole
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 pm

We were dog sitting my friends’ Brittanys and one of them decided to eat an antique book. :roll:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 am

One of our dogs went through a "musical" stage where she ate a pair of headphones and a record (that's how long ago we had this dog!!). Pippa nibbled on a couple of CDs in the car when we first got her but hasn't touched a thing since then.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:43 am

What is it with certain books? I'm interested you said "antique" book...JJ chewed on a couple of old books I had gotten through the Book Fair...I moved them and he hasn't touched any of the others (yet). thought I read somewhere that the glue used in some (old?) books was made of something animal that was enticing??
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:04 am

I do think that it must have been the glue. I had other books on the shelf any they were not touched.
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Acole » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Oh he first thing Sammy chewed up were my Bose ear buds...that I was not very happy about....haha
Acole
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby pietrzyk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

I just found Skye chewing my eye glasses. Fortunately they were my backup pair with the old prescription because they are now completely worthless. I had worn them when mowing the grass yesterday, since I didn't want to get scratches on the new glasses.
Before Skye, there was Ginger, who ate a toupee. :roll:
Everything needs to be kept out of reach.
pietrzyk
Puppy

Postby AuntieMom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Who knew glasses tasted so good? :P
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Apparently glasses ARE on the list of approved food items for Brittanys. When my in-laws first adopted Abby, she chewed 2 pair of glasses (one cheap pair and one prescription pair). As far as I know, it's the only bad thing Abby has done in the 12 years they've had her (except the time she ran away and was gone all night!). :roll: :roll:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby pietrzyk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:10 pm

The scariest thing I found Skye chomping on was a disposable razor she got out of the linen closet. Fortunately she mostly chewed the plastic handle and I checked her mouth and there were no cuts, but it really frightened me. Poor thing did not have a good and proper start in life and didn't learn these lessons as a puppy. Now at 8 she's finding all sorts of things she wants to explore.
pietrzyk
Puppy

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:56 pm

pietrzyk wrote:The scariest thing I found Skye chomping on was a disposable razor she got out of the linen closet.
:shock:

My daughter's Brittany also ate broken glass. My daughter was at work and her Britt counter surfed a peanut butter jar off the cabinet and onto the floor where it shattered. That was a evening. Come to think of it, Diamond was always eating something. She ate an entire year's worth of Heartgard. That cost some dollars....
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General