you know what I miss?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

you know what I miss?

Postby MaggieRocks » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:30 am

I really, really, REALLY miss when we used to do the Bidding for Good ABR on-line auction each year. I know we got out of it because of the work involved (packing & shipping, etc.) but I wonder if there is anyone out there who would volunteer to help with this? I would be glad to get donations-I did this in the past and would gladly do it again. Anyone have any thoughts?
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: you know what I miss?

Postby janet909 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:05 am

I enjoyed it too but there are aspects that I don't remember. Was this a fall fundraiser or a spring fundraiser ?? Did ABR make a lot of money from it ?? I'd be interested in seeing that return and might be willing to help volunteer if I had a few more details. Who oversaw that every year ???
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: you know what I miss?

Postby MaggieRocks » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:44 pm

It was in the fall. I don't know how much money was raised, but from what I remember, it wasn't enough to make it worthwhile after paying the cost of shipping all the items (that, and it was a LOT of work!) But, I know other rescue groups do it each year. I know we didn't charge for shipping, and it seems most groups on Bidding for Good do. Maybe just making that change would make it beneficial.

Even with that, though, I know there's a lot involved. Getting all the donations, posting the photos & descriptions, packing & shipping everything. But I just loved seeing all the wonderful items and bidding on things! I'm very forgetful and don't remember who I sent my donations to, but Diana Doiron would probably be a good start for information. I would love if we did this again-even if it would be on a smaller scale!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General