O...M...G. What next?!!!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

O...M...G. What next?!!!

Postby MaggieRocks » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Got home from work this evening and ran the dogs out to pee (it was still daylight, so I let Emma run.) They're calling for snow and ice this weekend, so I decided I'd gather up a box of kindling to start the woodstove. I took Sam back in the house, ran down to the basement to grab a box, came back up, opened the kitchen door and there was Emma. She ran in and dropped something at my feet. I looked down and thought, "Why did she drag a branch into the house?" Maggie would often grab sticks and small branches and carry them around, but not so much Emma. I took a closer look. O....M....G! It's a freaking deer leg!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So while my husband is out hunting deer, his dog is dragging deer parts into the house!!! :roll:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: O...M...G. What next?!!!

Postby Cindy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:40 am

OMG is right. There's nothing more disgusting then finding deer parts whether they appear on your porch, in your dog's mouth or worst of all in your house!!!!

PS Could it be possible that a dead deer in your area has had anything to do with Emma's odd behavior at night? Maybe someone was nearby cutting it up???
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:37 am

Yes, we thought the same thing, but still not sure why she would act this way. My husband is going to try to find the deer today when he gets back from hunting. He is guessing it might be a deer that someone shot and then couldn't find, or maybe one that got hit by a car, ran off and then died. There was no fur on the leg-it was bare bone with a hoof still attached, which is the only reason I even knew it was a deer. Maybe she found it the other night and there were foxes at the carcass. We often see fox in our area. But I don't know why she would be upset about the deer or about seeing fox.

She acted strange last night again, but not right after bringing the leg in (she was pretty proud of that and her tail was wagging! :roll: ) She didn't start with the panting and clinginess until evening. She ate her dinner like usual, we had our dinner, and everything was fine. It wasn't until around 7:30pm that she started, and it pretty much lasted all evening until we went to bed. She sits right beside me on the couch, panting, tongue hanging out. I have to hold my book with one hand to read, because she insists I keep petting her. Or she'll sit by my husband's chair while he pets her. If he stops, he gets "the paw"

I mentioned to my husband that she's not like this all day, although we can't really be sure since we both work. But she's been fine when we get up in the morning. (In fact, she's fine now. She's laying in our bedroom while I'm in the loft.) She's ok when we first get home from work. As I mentioned, she's eating, peeing and pooping, running around just like always. The only thing out of the ordinary is this clinginess and panting which seems to start each evening around 7:30-8:00 pm for the last 3 days. It's just the strangest thing.
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:12 am

They ALWAYS seem to figure out where the disgusting things are...right now, mine are very very interested in a clump of vines at the corner of the house which we walk by when I take them our to potty before bed...I have learned that when they are that interested, there is something there I don't want them to get... :roll:
it's been cold and ice-y here so I haven't gone myself to look...
those noses are always right 8)
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby PCTech01 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 am

Yew! (lol)
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 pm

The experiences our Brittanys gives us. Like you finding a deer leg. In your kitchen.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 pm

AuntieMom wrote:The experiences our Brittanys gives us. Like you finding a deer leg. In your kitchen.

Believe me, it's an experience I could have lived without! :lol:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:32 pm

MaggieRocks wrote:Believe me, it's an experience I could have lived without! :lol:

:P :P :P
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am

hahaha.....that's a great story. These dogs are always full of surprises. That's totally something my Wes would do.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 am

We were driving home last night when 2 deer crossed the road right in front of us. To the left side was a HUGE hill. My husband, of course, slowed down to be sure no more deer crossed. I told him to get moving before a deer jumped off the hill and crashed through the sun roof. He told me if that happened, I was to grab the deer's leg and hold on so he could take it home for Emma!!! :lol: :lol:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:52 am

MaggieRocks wrote: He told me if that happened, I was to grab the deer's leg and hold on so he could take it home for Emma!!! :lol: :lol:

Because you just really want another deer leg in your house. A must have accessory. :P
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby smugg254 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:12 am

Emma is definitely an explorer she finds things humans cant find, this is interesting.
smugg254
Puppy

Postby Dexus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:21 am

MaggieRocks wrote:Got home from work this evening and ran the dogs out to pee (it was still daylight, so I let Emma run.) They're calling for snow and ice this weekend, so I decided I'd gather up a box of kindling to start the woodstove. I took Sam back in the house, ran down to the basement to grab a box, came back up, safsenlogi opened the kitchen door and there was Emma. She ran in and dropped something at my feet. I looked down and thought, "Why did she drag a branch into the house?" Maggie would often grab sticks and small branches and carry them around, but not so much Emma. I took a closer look. O....M....G! It's a freaking deer leg!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So while my husband is out hunting deer, his dog is dragging deer parts into the house!!! :roll:

Omg wow a deer leg? That is really crazy but it is a great story :D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
shfshopen
Dexus
Puppy

Return to General