Do I need to get some trouble started up in here?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Do I need to get some trouble started up in here?

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Looking a little slow. Think I need to get the moderators fired up again. They seem to have it way too easy lately. :P :twisted:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Re: Do I need to get some trouble started up in here?

Postby Cindy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:41 am

If anyone can fire up the masses - YOU can!! Go for it!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey, Brian.....just seeing you sign in brings a smile :-) How's it going for you and the puppers?
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Well, you know I lost my Maggie in September 2016. This past November I lost my Annie, the lab/pit mix I took in as a stray left behind when her owners moved. Just me and my two boys left, Storm and Timber, father and son. No girls. Saddens me.

I have my four cats, plus a stray (turns out he is actually feral) who I trapped middle of December. Very, very slow progress with domestication. He likes the dogs, who chased him when he was outside. I brought him warm turkey soup and other goodies, and he is standoffish with me. Past week I can walk past him withing 4 feet and he won't scoot away. Baby steps. I'll at least keep him inside through the winter and see how far we get.

Hopeful good news: Maggie's granddaughter was just bred, so hoping to get one of Maggie's great-granddaughters end of May, if all goes well.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Wow, happy plans in your future. I can imagine you are quite excited about the coming event....especially so since she will be actual "family" :-) Got a name for her already?
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Makes me sad just thinking about all these dogs we've known and lost. I remember when you took in Annie :cry: But happy news come Spring I hope. Love the fact that you have so many cats. I really do find them to be one of the more more interesting animals I've ever had. My Sam (age 14 now) is the best cat ever. He snuggles with the dogs, goes on walks with us, and generally acts more like a dog. Guess that's what happens when you're surrounded by them.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am

I will post some pics of my pups this week. They had a great vacation at the beach in Mexico for 2 months. I think they were sad to come home. Beamer is a gem though he still manages to push our buttons on a frequent basis. It's not being naughty.......just overly enthusiastic about life. Not such a terrible trait.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Barb, had wanted to name a pup Muddy Creek Tintern Abbey after a Wordsworth poem. But a buddy of mine who lives 5 minutes from me has two pups of mine, one named Abby. So hesitant on that one now. I know registered name doesn't have to be related to call name, but mine all do.

Thought about tying Maggie into it. She was Muddy Creek Magnolia. Thought about Sarah, but the X's mom's dog is Sarah.

Just came across the name Tega. Now I'm contemplating Tintern Tega. Still months away... hopefully.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Cindy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 am

Love the name Tega! I had a rescue Thoroughbred I named Tigua (different spelling but pronounced the same). It was short for Antigua since I decided not to take my yearly island trip there and get a horse instead! She was fast as lightening, smart as a whip and lived to 30.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for getting trouble started up. :twisted: Time for me to make our big announcement about Teddy but will do that on a separate thread.

Muddy Creek Britts wrote:Hopeful good news: Maggie's granddaughter was just bred, so hoping to get one of Maggie's great-granddaughters end of May, if all goes well.

Hope you do!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Looks like we are off and running with Spring puppies :D I think Tega for a girl name is a bit different and sounds good....you'll know if it "fits" when you see the puppy. Hoping you will stay out of "lurk" between now and then :P It's nice to have your special brand of humor back here :wink: :)
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to General