Help me choose!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Help me choose!

Postby smugg254 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Hello guys i am pretty new to the forum, a friend referred me to this page about a month ago and so far i am loving it here, feels like my little comfort zone. Now straight to my point i have a two year old Brit whom a really care about she is trained and gets along with people quite well. On march the 10th 2017 she will be celebrating her birthday. I have been wanting to get her a new feeder, i browsed through the internet and came across this http://www.petstreetmall.com/Petite-Gourmet-Combo-Pack/10099/4944/details.html which is something i would love to get. However i happened to see the same exact feeder on Amazon but the price is abit high. My question is has anyone tried shopping on petstreetmall? should i get it there at a lower price or i should go with Amazon? thank you in advance.
smugg254
Puppy

Re: Help me choose!

Postby janet909 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 am

If I put 6 lbs of food out at one time, both of my Brittanys would gorge themselves in 5 minutes and eat every last kernel. I like the water idea but my only issue is cleaning it regularly. My neighbors use one and they keep adding water without scrubbing the bowl. Sometimes I go over there and it appears moldy and scummy. Oops, to answer your questions (which I just realized that I didn't), no, I'm an Amazon girl and haven't tried this other company.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Personally, I would not use a feeder like that. I measure out my dogs meals both morning and evening. I want to know exactly how much they are eating, and I want to know if they are eating less (or seem to want more.) If I used a feeder like that, I wouldn't have any idea if Emma & Sammy were eating 1 cup of food per day or 3 cups of food per day! Just my opinion. (It would be ok for water, but as Janet said, harder to keep clean. I use a large, stainless steel bowl, and I can easily wash it each day.)
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:28 pm

MaggieRocks wrote:Personally, I would not use a feeder like that.

I agree....free feeding is rarely, if ever, a good idea.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to General