Teddy update with picture

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Teddy update with picture

Postby AuntieMom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Teddy is growing and his roan is much more pronounced. I got to meet his mama and he reminds me of her, not that she is roan, but the shape of his head and his super sweet and loving personality. He has a tiny perfect body and I feel guilty that such a great specimen will be a neutered pet and not a show dog like his brother Maverick.

He is super good and we could not be more pleased. Yes, he is a puppy, but he has a good mix of puppy craziness and down time. He does well in the crate. He loves to play with our older dogs and has learned they might engage with him if he does not bite them with those alligator teeth of his. His potty training is so-so but is good for a guy who is only four months old. He goes to the door and rings the bell most of the time but he sometimes just piddles on the floor with no notice whatsoever so we still need to watch him. He has learned to sit from watching our other dogs – and it is so adorable to see the three big dogs sitting along with the tiny one. He is so endearing and is Mr. Personality. He will make eye contact with you and come running for some cuddling.

He is a joy and we are savoring each minute with this sweet boy!

Here is a recent picture. http://imgur.com/Z3ZkJMA
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Teddy update with picture

Postby PCTech01 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Nice! More pictures!
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 am

He's getting so big but even cuter!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 am

so cute! One of my friends recently suggested that puppies' alligator teeth serve the purpose of helping them learn bite inhibition. Because they hurt other dogs when they bite, they get "corrected" and learn to inhibit their bites...interesting...
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:05 pm

gagesbarb wrote:so cute! One of my friends recently suggested that puppies' alligator teeth serve the purpose of helping them learn bite inhibition. Because they hurt other dogs when they bite, they get "corrected" and learn to inhibit their bites...interesting...

I think your friend is right because his alligator teeth activities have lessened and our other dogs have corrected him more than once. I just do not get why my toes are a target and on the steps no less :evil:. But I need to correct him regardless of where I am.

That said, do you know how hard it is to scold that sweet face? And when he gets scolded, he immediately cozies up to me to make it all ok again. :D
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:49 pm

If you ever get tired of your little "land shark", feel free to ship him to me!!! :D
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:19 pm

MaggieRocks wrote:If you ever get tired of your little "land shark", feel free to ship him to me!!! :D

I will keep that in mind but have to say - we are so smitten with that puppy. I think it might be time for you to get a land shark of your own. I know Sammy is heading to 15 but our Kallie is almost 14 and we think Trapper is either 13 or 14. CharLee is a young senior so she and Teddy engage more but all our dogs have been good for Teddy. They have taught him those nuanced doggie manners. He absolutely LOVES our dogs and, yes, follows them around like a puppy. He gets too energetic at times, they put him in his place, he is apologetic to them and then all is forgiven. So all this is to say, do not let having a senior dog prevent you from getting a puppy if you are ready. :D He has learned from them too. He already sits for treats, something they taught him.
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby PCTech01 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

I love the herein above referenced remarks about sharp teeth and how young pups learn from senior dogs. I did not know that. thanks!
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to General