Brittanys and kids

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Brittanys and kids

Postby gagesbarb » Sun May 28, 2017 8:01 am

We have new neighbors moving in...met them yesterday as we were walking the dogs...they have 3 and 5 year old boys...the boys like dogs and came running up to ours...Gage was his usual cautious self and got behind me, but JJ was thrilled...big (55 pound), happy, loud JJ bounced up to the boys, "talking," wiggling and licking them as they patted him and laughed and laughed...I wish I could have taken a video...made all the grown ups laugh...Gage eventually went over and got petted also...the boys observed that Gage was "shy" like one of their friends...
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Brittanys and kids

Postby Cindy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:31 am

It's always great to know your dogs like kids. Now that all of my nieces and nephews have grown up, they rarely are around little kids so I'm not confident about their reaction. For sure, Pippa will be shy but I'm afraid Layla will barge right in and start trying to play with them. OR even worse - think they are big stuffed toys and start chewing on them!!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Mon May 29, 2017 8:18 pm

and laughed...I wish I could have taken a video...made all the grown ups laugh...Gage eventually went over and got petted also...the boys observed that Gage was "shy" like one of their friends...[/quote]
The neighbor boys sound nice to realize that some dogs are shy like their friend. Gage probably got less shy after seeing that JJ saw it was ok.

Kallie loves children and always wants attention from them. Teddy likes children too. CharLee is blind and we try to insulate her from children because they can be fast moving but she has been good when she is around them. Trapper scares me around adults much less children. Years ago, when our grandson was a toddler and here for a visit, he decided Trapper was his and hugged him declaring "my puppy." :shock: I do not know why he chose Mr. Old Cranky Pants but Trapper loved it.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Wed May 31, 2017 6:44 am

I think you are exactly right about Gage becoming more comfortable watching JJ...we've noticed that he is more comfortable around new dogs and new people when JJ is there and has no concerns...interesting how they learn from each other...
Listening to stories about Trapper over the years-- I am impressed how your family has helped him and how he has settled (a little)...heart-warming that your grandson decided he was his "puppy" and Trapper decided that was a good thing :D :D :D As someone commented--wouldn't you love to know what goes through their minds in situations like that?
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to General