Indoor Water

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Indoor Water

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Well, we had a discussion on the boards rather recently about indoor water being preferable to outdoor water to our Brittanys, despite the water coming out of the same faucet.

So now we need to have a frank discussion about indoor water itself. We have four Britts so we have two bowls of water on a raised stand. The left side is the preferred water. Except for Trapper, he prefers Teddy's little tiny bowl which is separate. :roll:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Indoor Water

Postby Cindy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:27 am

I only have one bowl of water indoors so no choice for my dogs. Drink it or go thirsty!! That being said, if they sneak through the baby gate into the laundry room where the cat is fed, they prefer his stale old water that usually has dust/lint floating on the top. I'm not negligent - the cat always drinks water from the dog bowl so his water isn't changed that often!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

We have 2 water bowls inside. But outside, given a choice, Emma will ALWAYS drink water out of a mudhole rather than clean water out of a bowl :roll:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:42 pm

MaggieRocks wrote: But outside, given a choice, Emma will ALWAYS drink water out of a mudhole rather than clean water out of a bowl :roll:
That made me laugh. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:57 am

me too...
We have two bowls inside and an additional one for the cats...all four prefer the big dog bowl in the kitchen...

speaking of sneaking through gates...we have gates to keep the dogs out of the cat litter, which they love to help "scoop"
there is a "cat door" that I never dreamed Gage could get through, but he can...then I turned it so he couldn't push through (opens the other way)...
nope...got through that also...then I tied it to make it smaller...that worked for a while, but I guess he pushed it enough to loosen it...the other day,
heard suspicious sounds, went to check and there he was with a big smile on his face, very proud of himself...now I've been checking the tie more often...
my husband said he just wanted to be helpful and "scoop" so I didn't have to :roll:
so persistent!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby PCTech01 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:10 pm

One dog = one water dish. I inherited a plastic watering container from my mother in law for which she paid 25 cents. I fill the container and then fill Oscar's dish. This way I don't have to bend "to far over". (ha ha) :lol:
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby janet909 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 pm

I just wish that Wes would drink when we're not home. The first thing he does, after greeting us, when we get home, is run to his water bowl and snarf water. It's no big deal if we've only been gone for a brief amount of time but if we've been gone all day, it makes me wonder if he's held out all day. I hope that if he truly gets thirsty, he's smart enough to drink (either from his water bowl or his outdoor pool) but sometimes I have to wonder.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 am

Pippa won't drink when we're not home and then downs a bowl of water!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Return to General