Happy 4th

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Happy 4th

Postby gagesbarb » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:20 am

Just wishing everyone a happy 4th of July a day early...
I used to like this holiday a lot more before we got Sam, our brittany/beagle mix...the dog who introduced us to brittanys :D :D :D
But he was so terrified of fireworks...made me realize that people around here started shooting them off mid June and continued all the way through July...
poor Sam huddled in the bathroom behind the toilet, refused to go outside and even got so "conditioned" that he would refuse to go down a street where he had heard a firecracker...we tried everything from desensitizing to medicine...ended up just managing--took him out early in the morning and for very brief periods through the day to just go potty...turned up the TV/radio and just let him hide out...sigh...I guess I can tolerate fireworks on the 4th or the day before, but weeks before and after?? and the police say they really can't do anything even though private fireworks are illegal around here :x :x :x
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Happy 4th

Postby Cindy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:31 am

Same to you! We've never had a dog that was afraid of fireworks but thunderstorms were a different story. Actually, Layla is starting to become afraid of storms but it's not terrible yet. All she ever does is jump up in your lap and stare at you as if to say "can't you make that noise stop?" I have several friends with dogs that are afraid of fireworks and trying to find a solution has been a real problem. Seems like something works for a while and then not. Anyway, glad we live in the country, don't really have neighbors, and the only loud noise we here is the occasional gunshot during hunting season.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Happy 4th

Postby PCTech01 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Oscar does not like fireworks and thunder. His favorite spot for relief is under the bed.
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to General