shadow dogs

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

shadow dogs

Postby gagesbarb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Gage's foster mother nick-named him "Shadow" because he always wanted to be next to her...once he settled here, he has done the same thing...JJ also likes to be with us, but not always quite as close...saying that, over the weekend, I lay down on the couch to nap (what a luxury 8) and JJ came over and started barking at me...as I've said here before, he has a VERY loud bark...my husband says, we can't seem to find the volume switch...turns out that what he wanted was for me to move over so he could jump on the couch and settle himself, draped over me...got himself situated, heaved a big sigh and dozed off...I don't think either of us was as comfortable as we might have been, but I think neither of us cared :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: shadow dogs

Postby MaggieRocks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

gagesbarb wrote:...as I've said here before, he has a VERY loud bark...my husband says, we can't seem to find the volume switch...:

LOL! That reminded me of Bill and Star when they were at the ABR picnic in MD a few years back. Star would bark real loud and Bill would say "Use your inside voice" and she would give a real quiet "woof!" That dog just amazed me. Maybe you'll have to teach Gage to do that!!! :lol:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:45 pm

MaggieRocks wrote:.... That reminded me of Bill and Star when they were at the ABR picnic in MD a few years back. Star would bark real loud and Bill would say "Use your inside voice" and she would give a real quiet "woof!" That dog just amazed me.

Bill and Star.....that brought back some really great memories. Watching them contend on "The Greatest American Dog" reality show, what a trip that was :!: And what an AMAZING pair. I seem to remember that they dropped out of the last round because Bill thought Star wasn't having any fun anymore. Lots of pressure there I am sure.

Thanks for the memory jog....though we all know what fabulous dogs we live(d) with :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:17 pm

I was just giggling about Bill and Star when we met them at the ABR National picnic in Maryland. They were attached at the hip, so to speak, and Star was so smart. But the reason I was laughing happened when they were doing a demonstration and all of sudden our Jill took center stage with Star and wanted in on the action. Jill was generally a little on the shy side but it was almost like she said "No dog is going to outshine me!" This is Star on the left, Jill in the middle, and Bill....

Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Napping must be rare ... JJ was concerned that you were going off the deep end. :P Teddy barks at CharLee in his loudest outside voice usually when I sit down to watch TV. :roll:

Enjoyed the Bill and Star comments. And Jill! She is hilarious. She is sitting there looking at the treats saying "Bill and Jill! Bill and Jill! Has a great ring to it."
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General