covers and furniture

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

covers and furniture

Postby gagesbarb » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:53 am

I look at all the great pictures and stories on ABR Facebook everyday...It's struck me the last several days that other people also have lots of blankets, sheets, covers on their furniture so their Brittanys have a comfortable place to rest :lol: And maybe to try to keep some of the shedding easier to contain? :wink:
As we've noted, so many of our "decorating" decisions and clothing choices are made with the dogs (and cats) in mind :D :D :D
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: covers and furniture

Postby Cindy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Don't even get me started on sofa covers :twisted: It seems that every one I buy eventually winds up in a ball that the dogs happily lay on top of. I've tried all kinds and they just don't seem to stay in place. I have to say that the best luck I've had is using a long piece of PVC pipe. I fold the throw over the pipe and then wedge the pipe down along the back of the seat cushions. That seems to hold them in place fairly well for about 5 days but then they're due to be washed anyway. We had a really nice microfiber one that went over the back, seat, and arms of the sofa in John's office. For a while it seemed to be secure but then the dogs figured out that if they pawed at it enough they could get it into the nice ball they apparently prefer to sleep on. We recently decided to get rid of that sofa and buy a leather one. Just for fun I decided NOT to put a cover over the cushions and leave a dog bed on the floor instead. So far the dogs have opted for the dog bed!!! Maybe there are miracles!!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:01 am

Some days I dream of having a beautiful bed with a bedspread and no dog hair and throw pillows and.......then I snap out of it. My life would be boring because this would mean no dogs. I have given up. I purchase things for their comfort in mind and nothing else......but I'm happy.

The other night, Peetie was chewing on a rubber toy that she found at 2AM. I got it away from her and slipped it under the very boring white comforter as I rolled over to continue sleeping. The next day, her nose (that you can't fool) sniffed out the ball and I entered the bedroom when I heard a strange noise. It was Peetie, trying to claw her way to the rubber ball, through the comforter. There was already 1 small tear in it when I gasped and grabbed her toy to give to her. Case closed.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 am

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 pm

We have brown throws over our beautiful cream colored leather sofas. Not only are they ugly, but Teddy chewed on the bottom of one. HGTV is not knocking on my door. :roll: When company comes, we take off the covers and I think "wow, this is great!" Our bed is covered with an ugly gray blanket to protect our equally ugly faded denim blue comforter. When company comes, we take out our vintage bedspread made in Italy (don't be too impressed, it was a Sears brand so that shows how old it is) and put it on the bed and I again think "wow, this is great!"

For a while, we had only two dogs. One of them died and as we buried him I told my husband "I want another dog, I don't want a pristine life." And that is how my life is with four now - not pristine. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General