Happy Fall

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Happy Fall

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am

It's sunny here today, and in the 40's...the leaves have turned and trees are beautiful...we're looking forward to a long walk...wonderful how much the dogs love the cool weather and how it energizes them (as if they needed energizing :lol: ). I also have decided that the mold/pollen is a trigger for Gage's cough...He was hardly coughing at all and then last weekend, the weather got warm and wet; the mold count went up and I also had a headache...sure enough, he coughed more...last couple of days, cooler and his cough has almost gone away again...Hope wherever you are, everyone has a fun and relaxing weekend :D
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Happy Fall

Postby Cindy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Beautiful here too, after a week of damp drizzly weather. We've been out raking leaves all morning but the dogs are more interested in chasing squirrels rather than helping us! Layla is always on the lookout ... Image
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Ron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm

We just had taste of winter, 1inch on the ground this morning , Right now it is 16 degrees out side . :roll: :roll:
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby gagesbarb » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01 pm

brrrr...I like "crisp" weather, but wow...it isn't even Thanksgiving :shock:
Every winter, I think about getting the boys sweaters for our walks, but even when it's in the teens, they don't seem to mind...the hardest for them is when there is snow on the ground, and ice balls get in their pads...then they start limping, pathetic look on their faces...but I hold their paw, the ice ball melts, and off they go again :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby MaggieRocks » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:58 pm

We've had unseasonably warm weather up until now. My husband & Emma have been going out pheasant hunting these last few weekends, and he said it has just been too warm for hunting. Well, he finally got his wish, and it was in the teens and low twenties the last 2 days, so they are both happy! In fact, they are out hunting for pheasant right now! 8) 8)

Ron, you can just keep your snow up there....we don't need any of that this year!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm

It was a beautiful autumn, and long too. Our memorial tree to our Brittany, Blaze, turned such a bright red. My next door neighbor who just moved in told us “You have a beautiful tree.” We were not the only people -- yellows, oranges, and reds were so deep this year. Leaves are falling now and some trees are bare. I can feel winter in the air. Counting the days to spring ….
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General