endearing

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

endearing

Postby gagesbarb » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:30 am

I'm not telling anyone here what you don't already know---how endearing these guys can be...but I just had to share what happened this morning. I am working from home. I'm fighting a cold, and don't feel great. I decided to go back to bed for a while and went upstairs to lie down. JJ is scared of stairs :( (and floors without carpet...reinforces why it is so important to expose puppies to all kinds of things); when he came to us, took a while to get him to go up and down, and he still generally will only go if one of us is with him. This morning, both the dogs and cats had settled in for their morning naps, and didn't realize I was going upstairs to stay for a while. After about 10 minutes, I hear JJ coming up the stairs; he jumped on the bed and curled up, scrunched up against me, and heaved a "puppy sigh" (what we call that big sigh they do before they settle for a long sleep). He was willing to chance the scarey stairs to get to me and cuddle, which of course, made me feel better instantly :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: endearing

Postby Cindy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 am

That's the best when you're not feeling well. Big brave JJ :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm

"How do I love thee....let me count the ways".......that's a two-way road :) Not sure whether dogs actually count, but they sure know how to keep track of things like Time, Toys, Treats and so on :) And above all, "wherefore art thou?" Soooo endearing and sometimes we are just amazed and thrilled at their expression of adoration and how they achieve it :) Lovely testament from JJ :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Oh JJ, you are precious. We call that sigh their happy sound ... all is right with their world.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Bernie's mom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm

I do miss a good puppy sigh! <3
Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15
Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General