stay safe in the cold

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

stay safe in the cold

Postby gagesbarb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Just wishing everyone safe passage through the cold and especially through the snowy winter storm hitting the East coast...
It has been single digits here for a while...we go for short walks up and down the street, but even with heavy gloves, my fingers get too cold...
Still, although we have had snow, it's been just a little and fortunately, no ice...so we can't complain...and I'm hoping the cold kills the bugs/fleas/ticks
the boys get all silly in the snow, and will bounce around the yard, but I don't trust their judgement about how long they can stay out...
so stay safe everyone!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: stay safe in the cold

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:58 pm

We have had miserably cold weather here. Everyone is excited because we got above zero today. Woo-hoo. To add to the misery, Trapper had surgery and I feel terrible sending him out in the cold. I go out with him and if he does not do his business in a few minutes, we just go back in. CharLee and Kallie snooze on the bed all day. Teddy bounds around the back yard, will come in when I call him but want to go right back out. No silly, boy, you are staying in here where your paws don’t freeze!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Teddy is a puppy and has an excuse :D :D My guys are "mature" and should know better, but still love to be out...a little while ago, it was "walk" time, but I was sooo cold, I decided to skip it...JJ didn't think that was a good idea...came over, rested his chin in my lap and stared up at me with a pathetic look on his face...I felt guilty so we went...my fingers almost froze even with heavy gloves, but they were both gleeful, bouncing around, sniffing and snuffling in the snow...didn't want to make the turn that would take us home (amazing how they know), but I insisted...happily snoozing now

Hope Trapper is OK...I know he is getting older, but I hope that he still is generally feeling OK...
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby MaggieRocks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:27 pm

It has been a tough couple of weeks. It hasn't been above freezing around here since before Christmas, and the last week was especially cold. Was -2 when I went to work one morning! Sammy can't take the cold and can't put his paw on even the tiniest patch of ice without slipping. Snow is ok for a short period as long as it is packed down, but he's been doing a lot of peeing & pooping on the sidewalk & in the driveway. Even then, I usually have to pick him up and carry him back inside when he is done. He is ready for spring!

Emma, on the other hand, doesn't care. She may be 10 years old but still does not act her age, and that's ok by me! :D
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General