Trapper & His New Year

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Trapper & His New Year

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Trapper had surgery on December 28. He has cancer and this will not cure it but we are hoping it will buy more time because he is eating well and gets around good. What we did not know until the vet opened him up was the tumor was full of infection. Trapper spent two nights at the clinic and we have been going in every day to get the drain tube flushed and a new bandage put on. He is on two different types of antibiotics trying to beat this thing. As our vet said, we have come this far, we are throwing the kitchen sink at Trapper.

He has been a good boy at the vet. He is a bad boy, really, and has to be muzzled during his visits. However, he is completely compliant when the muzzle is on. His name is an adjective around there. I was with him in the back during his flushing/bandaging and one of the vet techs caring for a different pooch walked in and said “I need a muzzle.” The vet said “Do we have another Trapper doggie here?” We all laughed. He does have a reputation and at one time I was not even permitted to go with the vet with him because he is so protective of me. Today went well and the drain tube may come out tomorrow.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Trapper & His New Year

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Wow! Trapper is sooo lucky to have you! I lurked on the board for a long time and remember reading about how challenging he has been and admiring your commitment to him...maybe the same intensity in his personality that has been so challenging is helping him fight through his illness now...sending good energy to all of you :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 am

Thank you for that comment. I have often said that Trapper is my penance. :P Everyone at the vet's office says he is a good boy ... even the vet who once banned me from coming to the office with him. Only my husband could bring him in because Trapper was so busy protecting me. The vet is impressed with how Trapper has turned around. I knew he had it in him. He is the best naughty dog ever. :wink:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Aw, so sorry to hear about Trapper, but glad he still has his appetite (and his spirit, apparently!) and is recovering.
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General