Oh Sheep!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Oh Sheep!

Postby AkiraLe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 am

Victor had the opportunity to check out sheep herding this week. Outside the sheep pen, he was all 'LET ME AT 'EM' :twisted: :twisted: He barked and yodeled and carried on. People who know him were shocked at this barking as they've never heard him make a sound. The 'sheep people' were looking forward to a 'rodeo' when he went into the pen.

So we go in and... the sheep turned and looked him in the eye. Victor froze and leaned backwards, sniffed, and backed away like 'YIKES - THEY'RE NOT RUNNING!!' :shock: He didn't get into sheep herding unless the sheep trotted away. He thought then he would chase, but when they stopped, he stayed away from them.

So, he got a new experience [and a mouthful of sheep shtuff] and proved that he's still a bird dog. :D He was happy to leave the sheep behind.
AkiraLe
Puppy

Re: Oh Sheep!

Postby Cindy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:36 am

That's pretty funny! My first dog (as an adult) was an Old English Sheepdog. Libby was the friendliest dog in the world to anyone and anything ... except sheep. She was petrified of them and would try to jump into my arms. Guess it was a good thing I didn't get her for herding purposes!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 pm

That is hilarious. Big talker and then the sheep look at him. :shock: Oops, never mind. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Don't you just love to watch the "oh oh" effect :lol: :lol: When we lived in Alaska Cassie used to chase Caribou with great glee and gusto, but if we came upon a moose she would act like she didn't even see it :shock: Although once we came upon a bronze statue of a moose and she gave it a good "talking" to :roll: She also did the most perfect point on a stuffed pheasant in a RV salesman's office....he had a Lab but I think after that he may have gone out and got himself a real bird dog, a Brittany :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:55 am

I never heard those Cassie stories before - hysterical!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:10 pm

AkiraLe's story of Victor just made my mind skip to some precious memories of Cassie :) It's so enjoyable when members here relate some of the OMG experiences they have had with their dogs.....I hope some more will be forthcoming :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to General