Books

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Books

Postby aerialariel16 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:48 am

Hello!
I would love book recommendations on raising dogs, bonus points if you know of some that focus on Brittany Spaniels or bird-hunting dogs in general :D

Thank you!
aerialariel16
Puppy

Re: Books

Postby AuntieMom » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:55 am

I have a book called "Brittany: The Essential Guide for the Brittany Lover" by Sheila Webster Boneham, PhD. My husband is a hunter and is training our one year old. He likes a book called Gun Dog by Richard A. Wolters. Ours was copyrighted in 1963 so it may not be in print anymore. Not sure where he picked it up.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Books

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm

There have been many books recommended here in this forum about raising and training dogs. Use the "Search" function in the upper right hand corner of this page, type in "Books" (without the quotes)....you should plan a few minutes (in honesty a bit longer) to do the research as there are quite a few suggestions :) There are some specific Brittany books, but in the end the Britts are dogs and all the dog information applies to them as well in 99.9% of the training advice. Happy reading :) Let us know which ones you find really useful.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Return to General