brittany helper

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

brittany helper

Postby gagesbarb » Sat May 05, 2018 7:33 am

If you are on ABR facebook, be sure to look at the photo leading today...shows a brittany sitting in a pile of dirt (looks like wonderful compost?), "helping" to dig...
made me laugh out loud...my morning started out a bit stressful, but looking at that wonderful picture lifted my mood...these dogs always do :lol: :lol: :lol:
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: brittany helper

Postby Cindy » Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 am

I saw that and was laughing as well. I also posted a picture of our FOUR dogs - Layla, Pippa, Tess (who we're taking care of for 3 weeks) and Abby (my inlaws dog we have for the weekend). We all piled into the car and went to the nursery for plants. Once there we realized that space was limited in the back of the CRV.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun May 06, 2018 12:45 pm

It is a great photo....dogs being such good helpers :wink: :lol: It brought back a "Cassie memory".....while we were still in Alaska one summer we decided to waterproof our deck which went around two sides of the house. Seem to recall it was Thompson's Water Seal, or something like that....pretty much an oil based preservative. And of course, you guessed it, Cassie rolled in it :!: :!: :!: I then had a water-proofed dog :lol: :lol: She'd also roll in the grass cuttings, giving me a lime green dog.....that didn't wash out so easy :cry: She was the typical Britt.....a "can-do" dog.....whatever we were doing she had to pitch in and try to "help" or at least be a part of the action :roll: Most of the time it was endearing, sometimes a bit up on the aggravation scale :wink:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby AuntieMom » Sun May 06, 2018 4:31 pm

I saw the ABR Facebook picture too and of course loved it. Cindy, your dogs looked like “why are these flowers encroaching on our bed space?” Cracked me up. So adorable. I had a good laugh about sweet Cassie too, Barb. Why is it that I can perfectly picture a lime green water proof dog?

Our big helper here is our youngest, Teddy, who is a little over a year old now. He loves sticks. He helpfully brings all sticks in the yard to our patio. We pick them up and sweep the patio … and the next day, the patio is full of sticks again. Last weekend, he opened seven bags of mulch.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby JimmyHol » Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 am

Wow that's awesome. Teddy seems like a smart boy! How did you get him to start doing that, AuntieMom?
JimmyHol
Puppy

Postby AuntieMom » Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 am

JimmyHol wrote:Wow that's awesome. Teddy seems like a smart boy! How did you get him to start doing that, AuntieMom?
I would like to take credit but we did not train him, he just likes to retrieve. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General