A New Addition

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Re: A New Addition

Postby Ron » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 pm

The count down has began, seven days, to pick up Kody. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 pm

EXCITING!!!!!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 am

Get ready!!! So much fun for you!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Ron » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Three days to go, we had to pick another pup, the breeder wanted to keep the one I had picked out. :shock: :shock: he reduced the price of the pup down, some.
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:10 am

Hmmmm…..a renege just a few days before delivery :?: Does Kody have a health issue of some kind....or did someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse :evil: After that disappointment the cynic in me would take a magnifying glass to the Breeder Contract. But then, if you are okay with the switch perhaps it will turn out to be the exact best thing to happen. It will still be a Britt puppy and is there anything on earth more exciting and wonderful than that :D So, new name ?
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

Ron, that is hard. You get attached via pictures and I would have been devastated. Are you going to proceed?
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:46 am

Ron wrote:Three days to go, we had to pick another pup, the breeder wanted to keep the one I had picked out. :shock: :shock: he reduced the price of the pup down, some.

That just sounds really odd. Did they decide to keep that one because they will be showing or is there some other reason? Did you have 1st pick, 2nd pick or farther down the line? And even reducing the price seems kind of strange to me. With each puppy we bought, every puppy from the litter was exactly the same price, whether male or female, show quality prospect or family pet. I agree with Barb-I would look very carefully at the contract.

That being said, we actually just got a puppy last month (sorry for not sharing-been incredibly busy between the puppy and my mom's health problems) But anyway, there were 9 puppies. Anyone who wanted a dog for show or agility had 1st choice, and that eliminated 4 puppies. After that, it went in the order in which deposits were received. The breeder had several people come in to evaluate each puppy before anyone could make their selection. Because of that, even though we visited twice (once at 5 weeks and again at 7 weeks) we didn't get our hearts set on any one puppy until we went up at 8 weeks to bring her home so we wouldn't be disappointed!

But if this is a well bred litter, a puppy is a puppy, and I'm sure you will end up loving whoever you go home with!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 pm

MaggieRocks wrote:But if this is a well bred litter, a puppy is a puppy, and I'm sure you will end up loving whoever you go home with!

I could not agree more. In 1990, we went to pick out a miniature schnauzer. I fell in love with one but our teenage daughter insisted on getting another. We went with the one she wanted and he ended up being my best friend. I loved that boy so much. He lived with Brittanys all his 15 years and it is his life that inspired us to get into rescue with ABR. It seems like a door is closing but a whole new world opens up.
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 pm

I know the owner of the father of the litter,the breeder said the pup that I wanted, High score in evaluation , he wanted him for show and field. The name for the new pup will be Call name,Kody, AKC name ,Parkhurst's Single Action Colt. Yes, he comes from well breed lines.

Can some tell me how to post pictures on this site????
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Ron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Kody is home, he is doing well with the rest of the fur gang. :D :D :D :D
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby gagesbarb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:41 am

congratulations! looking forward to hearing about the adventures that are coming :D
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby gagesbarb » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 pm

It's been about 2 weeks since your baby came home...how are things going?
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 am

I'm still waiting to see pictures!
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Ron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:35 pm

How do I post pictures here? Help
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:41 am

I use this website: https://imgur.com/ As I recall, you have to set up an account/sign in for it to work properly.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

PreviousNext

Return to General