Miniature Brittany

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Miniature Brittany

Postby Rebecca » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:35 am

I was at work today talking to our pharmacy tech and she said she was watching a dog show the other day and saw a miniature brittany. Anyone ever hurd of such a thing?
Rebecca
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:24 am

I've never heard of a miniature Brittany, and I don't see that the AKC has them listed as a recognized breed, but.... if she just thought she saw one... it was probably a Cavalier King Charles spaniel. They look just like a miniature french Britt. So unless they said it was a mini Britt... it was probably one of these.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Rebecca » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:30 am

Could she have seen a french brit in the dog show?
Rebecca
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Depends on who was licencing the dog show. AKC doesn't recognize them, so if it was a french Britt... it would have been UKC or purhaps a CKC show. The frenchies look a lot like the American's, a bit smaller, boxier, and have black noses (as do the Cavaliers), but many times they have "parti" color/tri color. where as the Cavalier really looks like a mini American Britt w/ a black nose.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

French Standard

Postby Brenda Dom » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:57 pm

There French Standard can be found here:

http://www.wyngold-brittanys.com/Standard.html

Brenda Dom
Kelcy, Susie, Bodie and Max
"Some of us learn forgiveness by studying the lives of saints. And some of us keep dogs. . . ." - Charles Gusewelle
Brenda Dom
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Kristy » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:47 am

Brenda or anyone, is there a similar standard/guideline for american brittanys, like the 3:2 ration skull to muzzle like the french britts? Colby has a much longer muzzle than Riley, so I was curious which is more like the standard.
Riley & Colby
Kristy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Cariboo » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:39 am

I have heard of mini brittanys...I was told that they're a bit smaller that the standard brittany. This was from a mini brittany breeder that we called last year in search of a new dog. We never went to see them, so maybe it's not true? :roll:
Cariboo
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby CJ » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:11 pm

Kristy wrote:Brenda or anyone, is there a similar standard/guideline for american brittanys, like the 3:2 ration skull to muzzle like the french britts? Colby has a much longer muzzle than Riley, so I was curious which is more like the standard.

AKC says that the American Britt muzzle should be 2/3's of the skull length, measuring from the muzzle tip to the stop.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to General