Volunteers Needed !!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Volunteers Needed !!

Postby Barb Wright » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Though the following message was sent from Rhonda Carlson to current ABR Volunteers, it is an appeal to all Britt lovers.....

"Did you know that if every one of you could sign up just one new volunteer we could save a lot more dogs?? There are almost 700 of you!!! I'm sure you all talk to people who love dogs. You may have family members or co-workers who love dogs. The year isn't even half over!! If you know anybody who might be interested, but you don't want to approach them, we can send them a newsletter or one of the postcards we're sending out. Please take a minute to think about who you know who might like to help -- we need them desperately! Rhonda"

Think about it and see if you can lend a helping hand in some way....there is no finer tribute to your love of the Brittany than to help in rescue 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Guess what all...it's that time again...MO/KS and OK/TX are full!!! We've got Brits in shelters that have no where to go. If you've ever thought about fostering, now is the time to do it.

Transports are totally do-able, so even if you don't live in a high volume state, you can still foster for one. 8)
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:50 pm

I so so so so wish I could foster one!! :( As I mentioned before, our lease specifically says "One dog"..

But, I am gonna sticky this post, so that it stays at the top.. :)
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Computer HELP! needed for ABR

Postby Kathy » Fri May 19, 2006 6:25 am

Date: Thurs 18 May 2006 16:41

I need someone to reply to adoption apps in a couple states and someone who would like to learn to do Owner Assisted Placements. If you can't foster
and would like another way to help -- this is it!!

Let me know - Rhonda Carlson National Coordinator
rhonda@americanbrittanyrescue.org
Kathy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Carol » Fri May 19, 2006 11:27 am

I can't foster either but I would love to help out. I just e-mailed Rhonda so I'll let you know what she says.
Kiss my nose, you know you want to.

Check out my blog at www.fugitivefromthedogstar.blogspot.com
Carol
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby DLDoiron » Fri May 19, 2006 2:06 pm

Carol,
Thanks for offering to help. I'm sure Rhonda will appreciate it.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby 3dognight » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:26 pm

We just adopted a dog a few weeks ago, and would be able to help out. We have 3 dogs now and i dont think a foster would work because we have a male that is testy sometimes. The new puppy gets along with him well, after a few little spats... but i would love to help out. I am going to fill out the volunteer application, and hopefully i can do somethings to help here and there. Time to give back i suppose!! Thanks!
~Anna~
3dognight
Puppy

Postby pagecobrittluv » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:26 am

How does the reply to adoption request work? Are there lots? I could get an early start a few days week maybe and have about 30 min a day to work on them. My husband leaves for work around 5:30 and tends to wake me up so I might as well get up and hang out with Katie and be productive. I'm not a morning person-but for a good cause I could be :lol:
Carrie
pagecobrittluv
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby DLDoiron » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:11 am

I do the adoption apps for CA and it is a fairly easy job. Ask your state coordinator if she needs help.
The apps are emailed to me and I forward them to possible fosters and answer any of their questions. If I don't know the answer my state coordinator is always there to help me.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby pagecobrittluv » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks for the info on processing applications-I could do that I think. I have lots of experience reviewing social service applications for services and housing-shame to let those skills go unused :D
pagecobrittluv
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby DLDoiron » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 am

You can do it. It really is an fairly easy job.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby pagecobrittluv » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am

I pmailed Rhonda about it :lol: Wonder if I can teach Katie to make me a pot of coffee?
pagecobrittluv
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: Volunteers Needed !!

Postby Rhonda » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:37 am

I'm excited to tell you that our ranks have grown to over 800 since Barb first sent this post! But, of course, we just never have enough people who are able to foster. If you're able to take in a dog for even a little while, please let us know. If you could put up some flyers letting people know about rescue and our need for fosters, let me know and I'll send you a file. You can print out as many as you'd like!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Rhonda

Barb Wright wrote:Though the following message was sent from Rhonda Carlson to current ABR Volunteers, it is an appeal to all Britt lovers.....

"Did you know that if every one of you could sign up just one new volunteer we could save a lot more dogs?? There are almost 700 of you!!! I'm sure you all talk to people who love dogs. You may have family members or co-workers who love dogs. The year isn't even half over!! If you know anybody who might be interested, but you don't want to approach them, we can send them a newsletter or one of the postcards we're sending out. Please take a minute to think about who you know who might like to help -- we need them desperately! Rhonda"

Think about it and see if you can lend a helping hand in some way....there is no finer tribute to your love of the Brittany than to help in rescue 8)
Rescue means taking care of volunteers as well as they take care of the dogs. If you do rescue - we are all blessed!
Rhonda
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Re: Volunteers Needed !!

Postby donald » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Barb Wright wrote:Though the following message was sent from Rhonda Carlson to current ABR Volunteers, it is an appeal to all Britt lovers.....

Cassie

Let's go for 1000
donald
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Return to General