I Miss my Britts !!!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

I Miss my Britts !!!

Postby janet909 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

Well, I'm visiting my folks in St. Louis right now. It's 95 degrees with humidity and a heat index of 105. :shock: I went for a run this morning, albeit only for 30 minutes in this heat, but my morning jog was utterly joyless. Where were my dogs??? I realized that the joy of my morning routine is founded in watching them sniff bushes, chase rabbits, run in circles in complete bliss :D They're so excited in the morning that they sometimes run to the car and jump mid-air towards it before I even have the door open :shock: Without them, I'm just going through the routine. It's amazing how they bring such joy to my daily activities. It's not the same without them. I just hope they're behaving in Colorado without me :wink:
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: I Miss my Britts !!!

Postby Barb Wright » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:09 pm

janet909 wrote: It's amazing how they bring such joy to my daily activities. It's not the same without them....

Hold those thoughts for the next time they pi** you off :P :P

Have fun, vacations are so great for the spirit and putting the wind back in our sails :D But homecoming, well that's pretty darn sweet too :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I miss my dogs after a few days . I'm petsitting 3 formerfoster Brittanys, and their people called after two days to see how their kids are . I said they are stressed out so bad one is laying in my lap , one laying next to me sprawled out and the third is laying on the floor all sound asleep . :roll: :lol: .

These dogs do bring joy to our lives . 8) Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 pm

As nice and fun as vacations are, I think I'd rather have my dogs with me than not. I stress the entire time wondering how they are doing so it's kind of hard to enjoy the freedom and relaxation.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 am

Well, my Blue Heeler and Moby are at the neighbors and they've already e-mailed me twice with updates of how well they're doing. Wesley is at "dog camp" that a bird dog trainer runs. I've been trying to hold off checking on him so I don't seem neurotic but I think I might break down today and check in on my boy. I thought I could go one week but apparantly, I was wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops:
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby headtrip_honey » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:47 pm

janet909 wrote:Well, my Blue Heeler and Moby are at the neighbors and they've already e-mailed me twice with updates of how well they're doing. Wesley is at "dog camp" that a bird dog trainer runs. I've been trying to hold off checking on him so I don't seem neurotic but I think I might break down today and check in on my boy. I thought I could go one week but apparantly, I was wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I know how you feel. I was gone for 8 days and by the third I was thinking about how much I missed my dogs. They were left at home with a petsitter we've used for years, but I still wanted to call her every day and see how they were doing.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack
headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby kat » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:17 pm

We are planning an 11 day camping trip to Calif, and still trying to decide whether or not to take the dogs. I keep going back and forth, weighing the pros and cons. Now you're making me want to take them!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm

When camping, we always take the pooches. This trip is different. Bringing a dog was just out of the question so other arrangements had to be made :cry: I don't think they would have enjoyed the heat at all so I'm sure they're better off where they are. I did hold out calling today. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :lol:
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby DLDoiron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:32 pm

kat wrote:We are planning an 11 day camping trip to Calif, and still trying to decide whether or not to take the dogs. I keep going back and forth, weighing the pros and cons. Now you're making me want to take them!

What part of CA are you coming too?
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby kat » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:03 pm

NorCal - around Chico. We're taking the travel trailer out with us for a combo family vacation and camping vacation. I would have already talked to you Diana if we were going south!
Janet, we always take ours too, but this will be lots of driving and pretty hot as well, that's why we're thinking like you, might be best to leave them here.
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby DLDoiron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 pm

I wish you was coming south. I go to N. CA the last weekend in July for Brittany Fun Days.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby kat » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 am

Oh that just figures!! We are leaving and coming home that last wknd!
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Living with dogs gives us the advantage of tuning into life.

Can't wait to hear how all your fur-kids did!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby adele » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 am

janet909 wrote:I realized that the joy of my morning routine is founded in watching them sniff bushes, chase rabbits, run in circles in complete bliss
That's exactly what keeps me walking my dog. She loves it soo much that I get the excitement and joy just from being on the walk with her. I really do hate leaving her behind too. In fact, I usually don't go for walks when I have to leave her at the kennel. Its just no fun without her.
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rwolbers » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 am

My wife and I haven't taken a vacation together for 5 years. One of us always stays home with the dogs. :roll: She is in Utah vacationing right now. I just pulled a Brit from a shelter and have him here pending finding a foster home. Will she be surprised when she gets home. I wonder how long it will take her to notice there are 6 dogs here instead of 5!!!
ImageImage
rwolbers
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Next

Return to General