two other Britts in our neigborhood

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

two other Britts in our neigborhood

Postby binkus » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 pm

I was walking my Britts today when a guy in my neigborhood stopped t talk to me. He lives just around the block from us and has two Britts as well. He got them through ABR too. He also volunteers for ABR doing transports. It's a small ABR world! I just thought that was too cool.
Bailey and Angel
binkus
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: two other Britts in our neigborhood

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm

That is way cool! I wonder if we will ever get to a point where we don't want to talk about Brittanys anymore? :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby kat » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 pm

I love it when people stop to talk about your Britts - makes me feel less strange for doing it too. And having another volunteer in the neighborhood, well, I KNOW how wonderful that is!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:52 pm

When I see someone w/ Brits, I always stop to chat !!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 pm

I always have to stop people too. Working at a boarding facility/day camp, there are a couple Britts that pop in from time to time. Plus if any are out in the store, it's over to introduce myself. I even went over to chat with an older couple that were working there pups when I was at a family party. They turned out to be Welsh Spaniels....but what the heck. :P :lol: Close enough for me. :wink:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby AuntieMom » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:28 pm

I did think of a Brittany in our neighborhood! There is a lady in my neighborhood that walks her liver and white Brittany who looks like my Kallie girl. I tried talking to her about her Brittany. The shelter told her that her girl is a Springer and she was not open to having any of that Brittany talk from me. I just laugh to myself everytime we see them walking by. There is that crazy springer lady walking a beautiful liver and white Brittany. .... :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 am

I never see Britts anywhere near our house (we don't have any real neighbors either) but ... I was doing a transport last weekend and met a woman who lives in the next town over. She adopted her dog through New England Brittany Rescue but she was also surprised to find another person with Britts.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby mkilcz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 pm

There are two other Brittany owners that I know of in our development. The one guy has a pretty female pup, about a year old, and I often see them out walking in the neighborhood. Once I stopped him, but he wasn't real chatty, and didn't seem quite as impressed as I was by the fact that we BOTH had Brittanys! I think he thought I was weird. The other guy was the complete opposite. He spotted me in the field with Jack and Rocket first, and actually ran about a quarter mile with his dog (another female pup), waving his arms, yelling "Are they Brittanys??!!" It was great. He actually called his wife on his cell to tell her he was in the company of two more Brittanys. Our paths don't cross that often, but its fun when they do, and it's nice knowing I've got a kindred spirit out there.

Marge
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby binkus » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 pm

AuntieMom wrote:There is that crazy springer lady walking a beautiful liver and white Brittany. ....
:lol:
Bailey and Angel
binkus
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby JSANTA26 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 pm

There is a guy who owns a kayak rental shack up where I walk my tessie.. he has stopped me to tell me about his 3 britts he has. The next time I took my tess up there, his wife flagged me down to meet her... apparently he went home and told her all about my girl!
One time a man stopped me in the park, because he had just recently put his britt to sleep ( a few months prior). He went on about how she was the greatest dog he's ever had, and how much he missed her. He was crying, but very happy to sit and pet my tessie. I told him maybe him running into us was a sign from his girl that its ok to move on and adopt another one!

Image BIRD DOG
JSANTA26
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Return to General