Good News !

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Good News !

Postby rtropeano » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:34 pm

I have some good news to share - I found out that I have received a scholarship to attend Suzanne Clothier's seminar scheduled for this weekend in Clinton, New Jersey. I was awarded this scholarship based on my work with the Somerset Regional Animal Shelter.

Here's a link to the seminar topics http://flyingdogpress.com/component/opt ... /extid,28/

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Good News !

Postby janet909 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Congrats !!!! That looks awesome. Can't wait to hear about it when you return !!! :D
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Jacksbuddy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

That's great news Rose! Good Luck!

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland
Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Very cool! Of course, we expect a full report! Hope it's interesting and useful.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Oh, oh, I'm soooooo envious. Suzanne is one of my heroes...have you read her "Bones Would Rain From the Sky" ??? What a read :!: :!: I can just imagine that her seminar will be an amazing journey of discovery for you into the psyche of dogs. Lucky, lucky you 8) 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby kat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 pm

How Cool!! You are so lucky! Can't wait to hear all about it, congrats!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Rachelle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Congratulations! I'm so jealous. I loved Bones Would Rain from the Sky. Have a great time this weekend!
Henry
Rachelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Congratulations, Rose. The seminar looks interesting. I had to laugh at the one about "Suzanne's Auto-Check-In - a powerful tool for teaching the dog to maintain connection with the handler ..." I would love to know how to get Trapper to break connection. He is one needy O&W dude ..... :P I look forward to hearing about the seminar!!! Does Daisy get to go?
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I have to find out if Daisy can go or not - I need to email the organizer again. Also I'm a little leery bringing Daisy, don't get me wrong, she's a very very good girl and pretty obedient. However, sometimes, she gets into these "fits" where she just wants to play with other dogs and starts barking and whining....I don't want to disrupt the seminar. It's being given by a Search and Rescue group, so I'm sure their dogs are EXTREMELY obedient, and would not appreciate a rambuncious teeny bopper gumming up the works.

To answer your question, I have not read the bones from the sky book. I probably should have read it in anticipation of the seminar, but I just found out that I got in on Monday.

Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 pm

rtropeano wrote:...It's being given by a Search and Rescue group, so I'm sure their dogs are EXTREMELY obedient, and would not appreciate a rambuncious teeny bopper gumming up the works....

Hey, their well trained dogs WON'T be disrupted by a teeny bopper :lol: If you can take Daisy do it....unless you just want to have your mind totally free to concentrate on the wisdom imparted from the seminar. Don't worry about their dogs, do what will work for YOU. Suzanne is no stranger to "enthusiasm" in dogs....let her wishes about dogs being included or not guide you, and then do what feels best.

Frankly, though I've never had the privilege of attending a seminar with Suzanne (luckyluckylucky you !!) I imagine that dogs are invited....really, how can you conduct a seminar meant to inspire "epiphany" without the subject of the seminar present :wink: In any event, do what you are most comfortable with :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby adele » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 am

Take lots of notes so we can learn too. Enjoy!
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:15 pm

FYI - found out that Daisy can go, however, she would have to be crated the entire time :( I guess that is their way of saying, we only want case study dogs there. Needless to say, she'll be staying home with DH for the weekend.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Kerplunk105 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 pm

How exciting! Hope you have a great time.
Elizabeth
Leena, Brittany/GSP mix 11/11/08-9/17/09
Bliss, Labrador 1/18/00-12/30/13
Tegan, Weim/Labrador mix
Kerplunk105
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

DH would be lonely so it is good he will have Daisy to keep him company. Have a great learning experience. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 pm

P.S. - Love your new pic of Daisy !!!! She's absolutely stunning and regal. Loved the old one too. She's very photogenic.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Next

Return to General