Where to donate?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Where to donate?

Postby kat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

When we had the fires here in Colorado this summer, there was an animal shelter especially impacted by the devastation, I wonder if there is anyone back there who might know a shelter there needing donations? As I watch the benefit on tv right now, and I make my donation to the Red Cross, I think maybe I can dig a little deeper to help the animals too, if I knew how.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Where to donate?

Postby Barb Wright » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 pm

My first thought was to contact the ABR State Coordinators for the eastern states that seem to be the most affected....they might be up to speed on animal rescue efforts for their areas. This can be done from our Home Page: www.americanbrittanyrescue.org ...click on "State Coordinators". The only other contact that might have a handle on the problem might be the ASPCA. Forget HSUS, they just collect donations and provide NOTHING except make videos after the fact.

Any other ideas certainly welcome....I'm sure there are problems with animal rescue, the situation for so many must be totally overwhelming :(
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi Kat,
One of the NJ Shelters hardest hit was Humane Society of Atlantic County here is their link: http://www.hsacpet.org/
I'm sure any donation to this group would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for thinking of us :)
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby kat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Thats exactly what I was looking for Rosé, thank you. Glad you made it through ok, here's hoping recovery comes soon for everyone.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to General