Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Re: Just Passing Through

Postby Cindy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:59 am

All's well in VA and everyone is getting older! What have you been up to?
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Working too much, relaxing too little. Geez, this forum is accumulating dust and tumbleweeds. Don't think I could even start trouble in here. :)
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Cindy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:29 am

I know, it's pretty sad how everyone has dropped out. I've learned so much here over the years and I do miss hearing about everyone's dogs. How are yours? What do you have these days? Any puppies?
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Still have my four. Maggie turns 10 in a couple weeks. She just tore her CCL a week ago. Trying to figure out whether to get the surgery or not. Not cheap. The boys are fine and crazy as usual. Annie, my lab/pit mix isn't doing well. Her Cushing's had already caused her to lose the hair along the top of the tail down to the tip. Now she's lost the hair around her neck, about 6 inches wide all the way around her neck. She's lost weight. The boys are always sniffing her butt, like they sense something not right. I don't think she has much longer, which I try not to think about.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Cindy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 pm

It's really tough watching these guys age. Kayla is now about 14+. Totally lost her hearing, eyesight is marginal, and she's had 2 bouts of vestibular disease which really set her back. She still has her appetite but can no longer do 6 miles hikes with us. We have to walk her on a leash so she doesn't get disoriented and wind up in trouble. Fortunately she can still navigate around the house and yard. She was always our major water dog and now we're thinking she'll need to wear a life vest when we go to the lake. Sad ....
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby kat » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi guys! I guess I'm a guilty party to the abandonment going on here, Facebook seems to have taken lots of us away. I have to agree, I certainly learned so much here over the years. Seems like every time I check on things here now, it's just sad, our beloveds are leaving us... We are plugging along here in Colorado. After years of bliss with Copper, he has recently had a close call, he had a mass removed from his intestine last week. He is recovering nicely, but it did turn out to be cancer so we are waiting to hear from the oncologist to see what she recommends. I love this boy so much....
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Guilty. Guilty. I, too, have learned so much through this message board. I am going to make an effort to check the posts more frequently. I always feel terrible when something happens and I haven't responded. Even though I haven't met in person, I feel like so many of you all are family. I LOVE hearing about the fur babies and I cry when they leave us. My heartfelt apologies.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:54 pm

I miss the boards too! My four Britts are still around. Scout is 13 now and is frail. He went completely blind due to an inherited condition. Kallie is 12 and looks like she is half that age. Trapper is 11 and has a cancerous fatty tumor on his front paw. He had surgery to remove the growth but it could not all be removed. He is not a candidate for chemo but there is another treatment we have yet to discuss with the vet. CharLee is almost 6 and is still spoiled sweet. She is my little snuggle girl.

We are overnighting a Brittany tonight. He was pulled from a high kill shelter and transported to us. We will be transporting him to meet his permanent foster parents tomorrow.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:35 am

I sure would like to get this board active again. It was always my "go to" place for ideas, support, and advice. And YES, so much sad news lately with many of us losing the dogs we started here with years ago.. Despite the number of Brittanys and issues we've encountered over the years, I'm always finding out something new and am certainly happy to share anything I've learned. I don't find Facebook to be nearly as informative or helpful. How can we get this going again???

So sorry to hear about Scout and Trapper but hopefully they will be around for a while.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:07 am

Cindy wrote:Despite the number of Brittanys and issues we've encountered over the years, I'm always finding out something new and am certainly happy to share anything I've learned. I don't find Facebook to be nearly as informative or helpful. How can we get this going again???

Cindy, I feel the same way. Maybe to each try to come the boards weekly?
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:39 am

I still try to check every day just because I'm worried that someone might be having a real problem that needs immediate feedback. I was in that situation several times and so appreciated the help I got right away. I'm not great with the training questions but have had alot of experience with medical issues.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Ron » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:06 pm

I check in about every day to see ,what is new. The fur gang are doing great, Chester, Molly,Max , and Chance ,who is a pill always, I am doing ok, also Debbie. It is sad to see all the loved ones passing.
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby janet909 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:07 am

I'm making a point to check the boards every few days now. I always LOVE reading about the fur babies. Yes, many have passed which is so sad. For us though, our addiction ensures that there are always new ones coming on board. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby adleblanc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Guilty of the same as I think it's been a few years. For me I think Facebook as much of my attention. PJ will be 11 this month and is in the beginning stages of dementia. We lost his kitty sister almost two years ago, now he has a little brother who is a Ragdoll.
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard
adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Off Topic