Prayers Need

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Prayers Need

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 pm

To day I just found out that I have Cancer of the prostate, it is kind of shock to me , but I have to get through this. Going to the doctor on the 19 to find out how to have this taking care of . :shock: :shock: :( Ron.
Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Prayers Need

Postby MaggieRocks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Ron, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it was caught early enough and everything will be just fine. Sending good vibes your way and hugs from the girls. {{{{ Ron }}}}
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Oh Ron, what bad news that is :cry: Know you will have decisions to make in the coming weeks....hoping for you that it all turns out good. Be sure and get a second, or even a third, opinion. There is lots of information available about handling this disease without getting drastic....you might start your research with the Life Extension Foundation as they have done much information gathering about this affliction and how you can be pro-active in managing it.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and good hopeful vibes headed your way.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm

You have our prayers, Ron. Hang in there. Never the news any of us want, but all we can do is face whatever challenge that's put upon us. Keep the faith and keep us updated as you find out more. You're amongst frineds here. Hugs, buddy.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Cindy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Lots of good vibes being sent your way from VA. Hope you get lots of good information to help you in making important decisions. Do your own research, ask LOTS of questions, and get second opinions if needed.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Cindy wrote: Do your own research, ask LOTS of questions, and get second opinions if needed.

Ditto that !!!! My prayers are with you !!!! I have known many people who have done incredibly well after their diagnosis and many of them took very different treatment plans. Lots of research will help you to figure out what is best for you. I know that us telling you this doesn't diminish the fear of the unknown that you are currently feeling. I wish there was something that I could say that would help to alleviate that for you but we both know that there isn't. Soooo, sending you good vibes and prayers from Colorado. Think positive thoughts !!!! I know that that might sound silly but as a health care professional, I swear that it helps to stay positive. I have also known a number of cancer patients/friends who work on mind visualization of healthy cells in their body overtaking the cancer cells of their body. Mind visualization every day can help !! Stay strong !!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Annie's Mom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Prayers going up Ron.
Prostate cancer has one of the highest "cure" rates. Lots of options for treatment, but still a shock when you hear the "C" word.
Keep us posted on how things go.
Take care,
Terry
Annie's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby holisticmom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Orion and I are sending you good vibes and lots of prayers, too. :shock:
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland
holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Canned Ice » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Ron. Lots of good advice here already so I won't reiterate. Remember, your body isn't just a bunch of parts; it's a whole system. So remember to take care of ALL of you: good diet, good mental health, exercise your mind and body as you can tolerate, good sleep, plenty of puppy love, yadda yadda. Everything you can do to take care of yourself will make it easier for the treatment to do what it's supposed to do. Good thoughts coming your way.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby kat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm

More prayers from Colorado Ron, and ditto everything already said. Hang in there and keep us posted, we've done amazing things with our prayers and good thoughts on this board before...
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby AuntieMom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Ron, You will get through this. Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Nebraska. (((HUGS)))
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00 am

Ron, many thoughts and prayers are headed your way from NJ. I've known quite a few people that have had this diagnosis and came through it with flying colors. I'm sure you will too.

*hugs*
Rose & Daisy Mae

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby DLDoiron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 am

Good thoughts and lots of prayer coming to you from CA.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:51 am

You're in our prayers. You've already gotten lots of great advice. My husband is about to celebrate 5 years past his diagnosis and treatment and life is good! Take care of you and let those around you take care of you, too.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby adele » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 am

The survival rate for prostate cancer is fantastic 90 to 95% depending on where you read. Its gotta be pretty scary but you'll do okay. Take care of yourself.
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Next

Return to Off Topic