National Brittany Rescue (NBR)

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

National Brittany Rescue (NBR)

Postby StFrost » Sat May 16, 2009 11:14 pm

My wife just stumbled upon this organization, anyone have any knowledge of this group?

Thanks
StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: National Brittany Rescue (NBR)

Postby Barb Wright » Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Actually, there are several Brittany rescue groups. Some are structured a little differently than ABR, and some operate a little differently than ABR. But, as far as I know they (we) all cooperate to a great extent....it is about the dogs, so what differences there may be are set aside to achieve what each group is essentially about, rescue :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Helen E. » Sun May 17, 2009 12:42 am

We adopted Cricket from NBRAN almost 8 years ago and still stay in touch with her foster mom. Several people on here have adopted Britts from them.
Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby emason » Tue May 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Very well said, Barb. As many of you know I am the Canadain Coordinator for NBRAN and like most of you I am in rescue to save the dogs. My breed of choice is the Brittany but I love all dogs(all anuimals for that matter) . I will work with any group anytime when it comes to helping save a dog in need. I have worked with ABR and many other rescue groups over the years. What really matters is saving the dogs not which group we belong to. It is really amazing to see what we can do when we all pull together. Miracles can and do happen when we all work towards a common goal. I have seem the impossible become possible when people from different rescue groups work together to save a dog that is deperate need of saving.
emason
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby StFrost » Tue May 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for your answers. As it turned out, our last foster had his (new)home check out by NBR, I had never heard of it and I was the last stop for him on his journey from Missouri, to Utah, to Spokane, Bellingham, and then home. As such, my only role was to get him farther north and closer to his (new) family. Just thought I would check into his past a bit more.
StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Tglaub » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Our little Phinny was adopted from NBRAN last August. We also adopted our first Britt Jake from them several years ago while we were still in St Louis. I still email his foster with updates as well as helping with a home visit here from a dog being transported here from the midwest. We had a positive experience with them as well as ABR where we adopted our Emmitt.
Tglaub
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Return to Off Topic