A few more Gabe shots. [Updated new pic, 7/9]

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Re: A few more Gabe shots.

Postby Cindy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:27 pm

And I do have some new ones of Gabe and Monty. I'll have to put them up later tonight! :)

Oh good- can't wait to see Mr. Monty with his baby! I'm assuming all is well between the 4 of you?
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: A few more Gabe shots.

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 am

Oops.. had a bit of a long night with the little guy last night, and forgot to upload the Gabe/Monty pics.. need to remember tonight. But to make up for my forgetfulness, here is one from yesterday morning just after he woke up.

And Cindy- all is AWESOME with the 4 of us. Monty is just in love with Gabe now, and just the other day, Gabe turned, very inquisitively looked at Monty, and when Monty turned to look at him, Gabe grinned from ear to ear (wish I had my camera at THAT moment!)

So here is yesterday morning:
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few more Gabe shots. [Updated new pic, 7/9]

Postby Sooz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 pm

That's a beautiful photograph. And it looks like you swaddle him? I heard it works wonders for babies.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown
Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Canned Ice » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:04 pm

[url]Gabe turned, very inquisitively looked at Monty, and when Monty turned to look at him, Gabe grinned from ear to ear[/url]

Sounds like Gabe's a dog-lover from birth! I'm so happy that the kingdom is at peace.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Sooz wrote:That's a beautiful photograph. And it looks like you swaddle him? I heard it works wonders for babies.

Thanks Sooz. :) Yes, we do swaddle him while he sleeps, and it does work wonders. I guess there is a reason women have wrapped their babies for thousands of years ;).

We actually discovered a book called "Happiest Baby on the Block." Since Gabe was a bit colicy, we were desperate for a good way to calm him. The author of HBOTB proposes a way of combining swaddling, shushing, swinging and having the baby on their side, which simulates the womb, and triggers a calming reflex (a reflex to calm the fetus in the womb so that it wouldn't tangle itself in the cord, etc..). I kid you not, it is like magic- Gabe would go from inconsolable wailing to completely chilled out within seconds.
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Canned Ice wrote:Sounds like Gabe's a dog-lover from birth! I'm so happy that the kingdom is at peace.

Most definitely he is! :) And the kingdom is definitely at peace.. well with the exception of Monty going bonkers every time we get the stroller out (that is his new walk time cue!)
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic