Worried.....

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Worried.....

Postby Barb Wright » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 am

about all of you living in Colorado :( Hope you're staying dry during this awful flooding. Please post a note letting us all know your are okay.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Worried.....

Postby Cindy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:32 pm

You beat me to it Barb!! I've been wondering the same thing!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby kat » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry to take so long to get here - as far as I can tell, all of our ABR volunteers/adopters are fine. Have been reading reports on Brittany breeders up in Lyons who were stranded with their dogs, but they have been rescued (in phases, they weren't allowed to take all their dogs at first, so they wouldn't leave) and all are safe and sound. DH and I went up to Boulder yesterday to visit the Magnolia fella we have at a vet hospital there, he is fine and getting healthy but wow, Boulder is covered in mud! It's just amazing to watch all the news coverage, and it is still raining - all day today they say. Yikes!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 am

YIKES - the reports and pictures just sound terrible! Glad you've been able to reach most of them.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby kat » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, I spoke too soon. We do have adopters stranded in their home outside of Boulder. They and their three britts are ok, but all roads are washed out so they're stuck. I'm sure they would appreciate the good thoughts and wishes of this board. We also have a few volunteers in Aurora with wet basements, but no serious issues. Yet. It's still raining....
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:54 am

Our friends in Boulder who were stranded are doing ok. I got one panicked phone call at the beginning because they had very little dog food, only rice for their three Britts and the neighbors were running low too. He did end up hiking 3 miles one way to a neighbor who had enough to share. After being stranded for 6 days, one lane was opened for them to run to town. In their e-mail they said they were giddy. The bottom level of their home is flooded but all are doing okay.....even their older dog who they didn't bring to the National Picnic in Denver because she has a broken elbow. What is scary is that we had just seen them at the picnic on a Saturday and by Thursday, their world had changed dramatically. Mother nature is getting scarier !!!!!!! Please keep Jim and Karen in your thoughts !!!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Mother nature is getting scarier !!!!!!

Boy, that's the truth. In VA we had one of the wettest and coolest summer's on record (yippee!!). My younger brother lives in ME and they had 9" of rain last weekend. The lake he's lived on for 35 years is as high as he's ever seen it. We're headed to Cape Hatteras tomorrow and have been worrying about hurricanes. They've yet to even get a tropical storm and we're past the peak period. Just crazy how mixed up everything seems to be!! But I really feel for those poor people in CO - just terrible.
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Return to Off Topic