God help me!

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

God help me!

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Driving home tonight, was winding through the backroads close to home. Came upon a young Jack Russell standing in the middle of the street. Stopped and asked him what he was doing. He jumped in my car and refused to get out. Of course, my luck, no collar, no tags. There was a house right there, and the living room lights were on, but most of the house was dark. Didn't see anyone moving from the road. Pulled down the driveway, hoping that if someone had their dog outside, they'd pop out to check out what was going on. Didn't happen, and at after 11 pm at night, didn't feel right walking up to someone's door....we do carry guns in this neighborhood. :wink: :lol: Guess I should check if it's a he or a she. For a Jack Russell, this one is very, very sweet and quiet. Looks pretty young too.

Will drive up to that house tomorrow and hope for the best. Woke Tracy up to the info that I picked up another dog. :roll: Whatever happens, this one will either go home or find a new one very easily. Too sweet. Doesn't seem hungry and looks in good shape, so he must have a home. The intro to my four went surprisingly smoothly. Maybe because it's small, the sniffing was calmer. God has gotta stop doing this to me :!: Please put ID tags on your damn dogs....something....rabies tags, dog license, ID, something traceable. It's killing me here.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Re: God help me!

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 pm

She's a she.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby DLDoiron » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 pm

This could only happen to you Brian. I hope you find her home.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:06 am

Brian, you are the Pied Piper of stray dogs!!!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 am

You've got to start changing your animal karma! :) We used to have those Pied Piper tendencies until we started repeating this mantra "We do not need any more animals, we do not need any more animals. ..." Since then (about 18 years ago) we've only had 1 stray dog show up in the yard (a Jack Russell) that we had to take to our no kill shelter because our horses were trying to kill it. On the other hand, I've found the owners to 4 dogs because I was out riding my horse and put the "lost" poster picture with the face on the dog I saw in the woods.

You're a very kind soul Brian - good luck tracking down the owner or a better home for this girl before Tracy kills you.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Canned Ice » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 am

Brian, you are a doggy hero. I hope the dog lives around where you picked her up. She has to have a home, right?
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:57 am

Lucy is home :!: Yea :!: Rode back over there, and the first house I stopped at said she thought it was the people across the street. Then she said, "Do you go to church around here." :roll: Found Lucy's home and got reverse Jehovah Witnessed (I went to their house and got "The Message"). :lol: These were Baptists though. People from that church came to our house when we first moved in.

Lucy's home has quite a few dogs there, many strays, which Lucy was. His son found her in the middle of the major route for this part of the rural Amish country, rolling in a dead raccoon on the double yellow lines. Gotta love dogs. Happy ending to this story. Now I'd better get my church clothes cleaned and pressed. :P
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Cindy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:33 am

Happy to hear you've "found religion" .... or at least Lucy's home! :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Lisa » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Glad Lucy got home again.

See, now I would have countered the religion talk with my standard "make sure your dog is wearing identification if they have a tendancy to get out, and make sure your dog is microchipped" lecture. Can't tell you how many times I've given that one.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 pm

I learned that from the boys' excursions last year. :roll: I told him how panicked I was when they went out without collars right after getting a bath, and they bolted with nothing. Now all three have leather collars with ID plates riveted to the collar. Annie, our stray, is wearing Maggie's old collar with dangling ID tag. Not worth losing a dog over a $5 ID tag. Unfortunately I just gave that one to an old friend whose husky ran off without ID on in Michigan. Dogs will never come home again over a few bucks, who would've been returned with it. Don't want to think how many ended up in pounds and got euthanized over a few bucks.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby rtropeano » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Glad that Lucy went home!

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano